1915 Canadian model t

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: 1915 Canadian model t
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stacey apap on Sunday, September 27, 2015 - 06:08 pm:

I was left this vehicle in Pretty good condition. The last known time it was used was in 1997. I'm curious on the price if anyone has info for me.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Sunday, September 27, 2015 - 06:59 pm:

Pics would help, the forum has a picture file size limit of 250K, here is an easy way to resize your pics if the current file size is too big:

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/506218/541631.html?1431838921

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Monday, September 28, 2015 - 12:29 am:

This is? Isn't? The one on eBad last week? 1915 Canadian tourings are little unusual, but there are several of them around. One was on eBad last week.
Value is very dependent upon condition, correctness, and to some extent, location.
You should be able to check and see how high the bidding went on the one on eBad as well as compare yours to the photos (although eBay might be a little easier).
Are you trying to sell this and the '19 coupe? Any other antique automobile stuff? (I personally am not buying much anymore) We do sometimes try to help find good homes for old Ts.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Georgetown TX on Monday, September 28, 2015 - 09:32 am:

I think Stacey is talking about a different car. The one on eBay is a '16, not a '15. I don't recall ever seeing a '15 Canadian touring on eBay, and they are rare.

Here's the '16 in Colorado, far away from Stacey's location in Detroit:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-Model-T-brass-/111780647556?forcerrptr=true&hash=it em1a06a55284&item=111780647556

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David L Corman on Monday, September 28, 2015 - 11:06 am:

This car has 15 features such as the cowl lamp and headlight rims are brass, 16's would be black. So is it really a 16 or were they changed?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Tipton on Tuesday, September 29, 2015 - 08:34 am:

I spoke with the guy who has the Model T on ebay. He said he bought it out of Michigan, he's had the T about a month. He got it to resell. He said the person he bought it from had cancer.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Menzies on Tuesday, September 29, 2015 - 01:51 pm:

The 15 - 16 years started in July 31. There were early and late editions. Early 15s had a bulb horn late mag horn, early 16 had brass trim side lamps later editions were painted black. The Colorado car has both 15 and 16 features. Therefore it could be an early 16 that would account for the brass trim. The engine number is well in to 16. There is a slight mixture in the side lamps driver side is 15 (with the small vent holes in the chimney) and the passenger side does not have the vent holes which makes it 16 or later. The mag horn is mounted differently, on my Canadian 15 it is mounted to a bracket attached to the water outlet from the block.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Georgetown TX on Tuesday, September 29, 2015 - 08:31 pm:

Disagree on the vent holes David. I have a very late 1917 torpedo runabout. It was purchased from the original owner by my dad in 1951. It has the holes in the lamps chimney which were eliminated sometime after June 1917.

I wish Stacy would share some photos of the '15 Canadian car. It is something we seldom see.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells, Hamilton Ontario on Tuesday, September 29, 2015 - 10:21 pm:

Hopefully it is a real '15. There is no shortage of fake '15 cars here in Canada too.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Menzies on Thursday, October 01, 2015 - 01:22 pm:

Royce I do stand corrected, I accepted the words from a fellow poster that only 15s had the holes in the chimney. I looked further in to it and 15,16 and 17 were the same(with the holes) I was also looking in a 1923 parts book and the lamp displayed had the holes in it, however it could have been an earlier picture. I understand the holes were discontinued because at great speeds you would get a flame out.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration