Clutch disks thickness

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Clutch disks thickness
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bob middleton on Sunday, September 27, 2015 - 08:54 pm:

I found in my transmissions a clutch discs that is really thick it measure the thickness of 3 disks the notches are for the small disks it match exactly inside outside and notches as all my other small discs the other odd is it had 13 large and 12 smalls including the thick one
This disc looks to be commercials made any ideas
Oh the clutch spring is 2" and feels as strong as my other trans when I went to compress it

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank van Ekeren (Australia) on Sunday, September 27, 2015 - 09:14 pm:

Bob, what you might have there is the distance plate from the early T's clutch pack, that plate would go in first followed by the rest.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank van Ekeren (Australia) on Sunday, September 27, 2015 - 09:56 pm:

I should have mentioned why it's there, the early clutch drum was not spaced from the brake drum with spacing washers but with a flange on the bush, the thin plate could drop in-between the clutch drum and brake drum and jam things up.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bob middleton on Sunday, September 27, 2015 - 11:29 pm:

Frank thanks that make sense
but the tranny had the 3 thrust washers
The push ring is worn down to the 3 pin flush
I'm using a new push ring as the pins were mushroomed drums are common narrow style
I'm guessing I just use the 25 standard discs for the clutch and see were the adjust screws end up

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration