Speedometer question re: wood and wire wheels

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Speedometer question re: wood and wire wheels
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Hjortnaes, Men Falls, WI on Sunday, September 27, 2015 - 09:53 pm:

I have a speedometer setup that works fine on wooden wheels. The speedometer ring would be attached to the wooden wheel with standoffs and screws. Can this be adapted to fit wire wheels?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Daron - Brownsburg IN on Sunday, September 27, 2015 - 10:20 pm:

The twenty one inch wires require a special gear.It is 58T ,8p and has it's own number. The last three digits are 333 I think. It can be adapted to work. it just does fit the hub. Spacers are still required.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Daron - Brownsburg IN on Sunday, September 27, 2015 - 10:25 pm:

The twenty one inch wires require a special gear.It is 58T ,8p and has it's own number. The last three digits are 333 I think. It can be adapted to work. it just does fit the hub. Spacers are still required.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Hjortnaes, Men Falls, WI on Sunday, September 27, 2015 - 10:40 pm:

Is it still made by Stewart? Wonder if any are available?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Daron - Brownsburg IN on Sunday, September 27, 2015 - 10:55 pm:

Contact Russ Furnstow,he probably has some.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Georgetown TX on Monday, September 28, 2015 - 08:48 am:

The drive gears show up on eBay all the time. Use the same fiber drive gear as before. You have to drill and tap the wire wheel hub for screws and spacers.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry Kramer on Monday, September 28, 2015 - 08:51 am:

Dave, By any chance is your setup a spiral drive unit? I'm looking for one for wooden wheels.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Hjortnaes, Men Falls, WI on Monday, September 28, 2015 - 10:07 am:

No Jerry, it is not.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration