Do you know this T owner from San Juan arches?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Do you know this T owner from San Juan arches?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Gotesman on Monday, September 28, 2015 - 01:05 am:

One of my blog readers told me that he saw this model T 4 years ago - on Orcas island, San Juan archipelago.

https://pp.vk.me/c11436/u6117253/131160650/z_6c109aab.jpg

It's owner stands near the car with the dog. May be he's here?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith on Monday, September 28, 2015 - 09:57 am:

He has the correct upper windshield frame too!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By brass car guy on Monday, September 28, 2015 - 11:40 am:

Orcas Island is out in the San Juans in Washington State. There are a few model t's in the islands but most did not survive due to the salt air and rain. Cars that did survive are usually quite rusted and hardly able to move about.

Have toured those islands a number of times with brass era cars and they always gather a crowd. Have never seen that particular TT but I'm sure its hiding up there somewhere.

What is interesting, the poster is from Russia asking about a car in Washington State, We really are an international group of people, from different parts of the world, different politics, and beliefs all enjoying the commonality of Henry's brainchild.

just sayin,

brasscarguy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Monday, September 28, 2015 - 12:10 pm:

No one in their right mind would own a TT.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Eckensviller - Thunder Bay, ON on Monday, September 28, 2015 - 12:16 pm:

Great, Burger, that means I need to get a TT now...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By brass car guy on Monday, September 28, 2015 - 04:23 pm:

The best part is it on an island and we mainlanders don't have to follow the damn thing at 15 miles per hour. In fact I think 15mph is the speed limit on Orcas Island.

just sayin'

brasscarguy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Spaziano, Bellflower, CA. on Monday, September 28, 2015 - 05:13 pm:

Burger,

Does that mean that you're in your left mind?

Just a question.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Monday, September 28, 2015 - 05:28 pm:

I don't know the TT owner but the dog looks familiar. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John C Codman on Monday, September 28, 2015 - 05:56 pm:

Hooray for island cars. My '27 spent much of it's life on Naushon Island off the coast of Massachusetts. Kinda shoots down the theory that "salt air" destroys cars. It's never been restored, and has only minor rust.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Monday, September 28, 2015 - 06:16 pm:

My T spent the first 35 years of it's life on Cape Cod with a bit of salt air.
I wonder if salt air just pickles it!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Tuesday, September 29, 2015 - 12:32 am:

You guys all KNOW I am of a sick and wrong mind ... I have TWO of the damned things ! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Aldrich Orting Wa on Tuesday, September 29, 2015 - 12:14 pm:

My 1927 (Canadian) Touring came from Vancouver Island, BC. We have a club member that has a T on Orcus Island where his mother recently passed. I don't think it is this one though.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By brass car guy on Tuesday, September 29, 2015 - 10:21 pm:

On Orcas Island that may not be his dog but possibly his wife? It is very isolated and lonely up there and they subscribe to the theory, "What happens on Orcas stays on Orcas"

just sayin,

brasscarguy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Tuesday, September 29, 2015 - 10:34 pm:

MANY years ago, I served in the YCC, and one of our projects was to restore the CCC-built
trail from Cascade Lake to the lookout on top of Mt. Constitution. At the time, the head Ranger
at Moran State Park was be-bopping all over the park in a open-cab T truck that was likely a
home-built thing. It was DEFINITELY NOT a TT though.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration