Fantastic Day at Piquette!

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Fantastic Day at Piquette!
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jason Kuczynski on Monday, September 28, 2015 - 06:06 am:

Yesterday was a great day for a birthday party! My first visit to Piquette, so glad I got the membership now. You could feel the history in that building.

Our tour guide, Ryan, was very passionate about his subjects, and my wife pointed out how much emotion he put into his tour. Good job Ryan!

My youngest and I got a ride from Steve, who was pulled away afterwards to do an interview with Fox 2 news. He gave us some good insights and is a great driver.

A very enjoyable afternoon in the "D" for sure!

t ride

A dream machine, for sure!

dream

We have more, but that's a teaser.

Thanks!

JK

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jason Kuczynski on Monday, September 28, 2015 - 06:08 am:

One more... my youngest son, Riley, demonstrating the lightness of Vanadiam Steel... ;)

riley

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Booth@ Bay City, Mi on Monday, September 28, 2015 - 06:36 am:

Keep em comin...very interesting. Looks like time well spent.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jason Kuczynski on Monday, September 28, 2015 - 06:56 am:

"Lizzie", who Ryan, our tour guide, referred to as the "most beautiful T in the world". ;)

lizzie

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jason Kuczynski on Monday, September 28, 2015 - 06:59 am:

My bride and I. Sorry about the fuzziness, that's what I get for asking my 14 year old (who's a photography buff, ironically) to take a pic with my Iphone.

happy couple

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jason Kuczynski on Monday, September 28, 2015 - 07:01 am:

A building across the street. Does anyone know who's it was? If you blow up the image, you'll see a truck above the door in a 'logo' of some sort. Really cool.

building

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jason Kuczynski on Monday, September 28, 2015 - 07:02 am:

Steve, our drivers, car.

I love it.

steve

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jason Kuczynski on Monday, September 28, 2015 - 07:04 am:

I like the way this one came out- with the GM Building and the Fisher Building in the background... along with "Old Glory" right at the center.

old glory

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Shotwell on Monday, September 28, 2015 - 07:59 am:

Jason - Thanks for coming to the Model T Birthday party at Piquette! It was wonderful that we had a chance to meet. Free birthday cake, free beverages, free games for the kids and free Model T rides for the family. Piquette surpassed our all-time daily record attendance yesterday. Our attendance numbers continue to soar - over 8,000 guests in 2013, over 10,000 guests in 2014 and we hit 10,000 guests already in July of this year. Thanks again for coming to Piquette - birthplace of the Model T! Steve Shotwell

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tony Barchock Canton, Mi on Monday, September 28, 2015 - 08:16 am:

I took a ton of photos there Yesterday,but I also had another shoot so I will be sharing photos here soon.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Skingley ......Westland, Michigan on Monday, September 28, 2015 - 10:12 am:

Randy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jason Kuczynski on Monday, September 28, 2015 - 10:27 am:

I think the thanks should go to you, Steve, for putting on such a great event! By the time we made it outside, this is all that was left of the cake! (sorry for the sideways- Iphone again!)

cake

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Monday, September 28, 2015 - 10:37 am:

That clinches it. If there's free food, I have to go next year.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Skingley ......Westland, Michigan on Monday, September 28, 2015 - 11:31 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Skingley ......Westland, Michigan on Monday, September 28, 2015 - 01:45 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Booth@ Bay City, Mi on Monday, September 28, 2015 - 01:55 pm:

So are some of the T's not part of the museum or are they your cars? Thanks for posting the pic's it will be a stop soon for me...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Monday, September 28, 2015 - 03:09 pm:

Hey Don,If you do would you please take a video for all of us ?? Bud.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman Bolz on Monday, September 28, 2015 - 04:18 pm:

Most of the vehicles are privately owned and graciously put on display by members.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman Bolz on Monday, September 28, 2015 - 04:19 pm:

The insignia on the building is Autocar.
Steve was probably going too fast.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tony Barchock Canton, Mi on Monday, September 28, 2015 - 06:45 pm:

Here is an album. It is on my photo page so it is public and you do not need to Have Facebook to view it

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.952502781477152.1073741875.14470364892 3740&type=3&uploaded=28

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Monday, September 28, 2015 - 07:49 pm:

Thank's for the very nice pictures!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jason Kuczynski on Tuesday, September 29, 2015 - 06:06 am:

Thanks for the tip, Norman. I didn't know they were in Detroit.

Tony- Great pictures! You must have been there earlier than us- the crowd was much thicker when we got there at 1:00. ;) In fact, we filled the freight elevator going from the second to the third floor!

JK

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Skingley ......Westland, Michigan on Tuesday, September 29, 2015 - 08:11 am:

Tony.......you have an artistic eye .......great photos............

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Stewart. Bakersfield, Calif. on Thursday, October 01, 2015 - 12:11 am:

The old Piquette plant is a little slice of Heaven and dreams come true. Great history and early Fords.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration