Which screws?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Which screws?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter Claverie, Memphis TN on Monday, September 28, 2015 - 10:37 am:

I need to remove one of the rear doors from my '23 Touring.

Any suggestions on whether to remove the screws from the door side or the body side of the hinge?

Are they the same screws?

Any suggestions about putting them back? Fill the holes? Match sticks?

Thanks!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Sims--Reed City,Mich. on Monday, September 28, 2015 - 11:25 am:

You may find that some of these screws are bolts that have a nut behind the upholstery.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Monday, September 28, 2015 - 11:27 am:

Door screws are sometimes very hard to loosen or tighten. They are often rusted in place. Use a type of penetrating oil and perhaps an impact screw driver. It might take a few days to get them loose.
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Ida Fls on Monday, September 28, 2015 - 12:07 pm:

This shows location of bolts in door. Similar in body.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Layden Butler on Monday, September 28, 2015 - 01:13 pm:

Might be better to remove the hinge pins!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter Claverie, Memphis TN on Monday, September 28, 2015 - 04:47 pm:

Layden, you win the prize!

The pins were easy to knock out with a drift pin, and knock back in when re-assembling.

Thanks for waking me up!

Peter

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Monday, September 28, 2015 - 08:25 pm:

Most of us keep thinking about one thing, when a totally different thing will get the job done easier.
So to Layden, I will have to say
"DOH!" Gee, I could've had a V-8!
Glad you posted.
:-)

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration