Model T Era White Trucks - Old Photos

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Model T Era White Trucks - Old Photos
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Ida Fls on Monday, September 28, 2015 - 10:44 am:

Some photos the White Motor Co. sent me in the 60's.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Neil C Bartlett, Shively CA on Monday, September 28, 2015 - 10:02 pm:

Thanks for the pictures Richard. I spent last Sunday bringing home a 22 White truck. Wish it looked as good as your pics.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Ida Fls on Monday, September 28, 2015 - 10:29 pm:

Neil, I hope you enjoy your White. Too bad there isn't a White forum as nice as this forum. Those trucks are pretty wonderful.

Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dale L Myers on Wednesday, September 30, 2015 - 08:22 am:

This 10" X 19" pen and ink drawing of a White delivery van was done back in the day by my Dad's cousin who was a commercial artist.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Ida Fls on Wednesday, September 30, 2015 - 10:34 am:

That is nice to see. Interesting windshield and hood louvers.

Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Wednesday, September 30, 2015 - 05:47 pm:

Decades ago I had a guy tell me that when he worked for some Transportation company, they had White buses (and trolleys) and made money. Then the transit line was taken over by national transportation company that GM & Standard Oil & some other companies formed to take over trolley systems and convert them to buses and they bought GM buses, which he said weren't as rugged and more expensive to operate & then they lost money.
Not trying to start up the conspiracy theory argument, just pointing out that Whites had a great reputation.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kurt Baltrusch on Wednesday, September 30, 2015 - 07:12 pm:

1918 White GK

The current owner bought this White in 1947 and in 1992 lost a rod in a parade. A couple of years ago he asked me to help rebuild it. He had a couple of spare rods, which were machined to fit, Hastings had rings on the shelf, and the valves were ground. It is back on the road. Except for the light engine rebuild and an electric starter we added, it is all original. It was used in a mine in Western Montana, probably to haul power poles.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kurt Baltrusch on Wednesday, September 30, 2015 - 07:13 pm:

The photo must not have uploaded; help if you can!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Thursday, October 01, 2015 - 09:43 am:

Kurt, there is a file size limit of 250K per picture on this forum. Here is an easy way to resize pics to fit within the 250K limit:

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/506218/541631.html?1431838921

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kurt Baltrusch on Friday, October 02, 2015 - 12:55 pm:

Thanks, Mark. I knew I had seen this somewhere. It shows that it has uploaded at 244K. Whites had an interesting engine - aluminum crankcase (like Buick, supposedly by the same engineer) roller tappets, constant loss oil system (it fed oil through a sight glass to the bearings and then you drained out the excess each day), cartridge valves as the cylinders and heads were cast together.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kurt Baltrusch on Friday, October 02, 2015 - 12:56 pm:

Whoops - still did not post the photo. I assume that the photo should appear in the preview screen. Correct?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Friday, October 02, 2015 - 02:20 pm:

Are you trying to post a bunch of photos? Sometimes on the preview, only a couple of the photos show up and the rest are only placeholder symbols. Don't worry, though, all the pics will show up in the final post.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kurt Baltrusch on Friday, October 02, 2015 - 05:21 pm:

Finally!1918 White GK Too big of a hurry, but here it is finally. Again, original paint and upholstery, used with a trailer to haul power poles for a Montana mine.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dale L Myers on Friday, October 02, 2015 - 08:58 pm:

Nice. Thank you for posting.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Ida Fls on Friday, October 02, 2015 - 09:52 pm:

Kurt, that looks like a great truck. Possibly 168" wheelbase. I'm glad you could help get it on the road again. Those were great engines. The next series had a removable head. It is a little different than the one you worked on.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration