Ok experts i found this light what is it off of ?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Ok experts i found this light what is it off of ?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By mike kolsrud on Monday, September 28, 2015 - 11:25 am:

hey people does anyone know what this light is off of ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Monday, September 28, 2015 - 12:14 pm:

A car!
(OK, someone had to do this!)
:-)
BTW, definitely early, likely pre 1913

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Ida Fls on Monday, September 28, 2015 - 12:23 pm:

No clue what car. The tiers, mounting bracket and Fount look like Corcoran to me.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Verne Shirk on Monday, September 28, 2015 - 06:41 pm:

I had a 1912 Buick Model 35 that had a sidelight that looked a lot like that. In fact, the bracket even looks like it. (It's a little hard to see the bracket in the photos.)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard E Moore Jr. Pickwick lake Tenn. on Monday, September 28, 2015 - 06:59 pm:

I was given a set of those same lights with with new lenses and a rebuild kits. I don't know what they came off of but the guys dad was big in model t's. Wish I could find the brackets.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Elliott on Tuesday, September 29, 2015 - 01:26 pm:

It may be an early Corcoran headlamp; too big for a sidelamp.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard E Moore Jr. Pickwick lake Tenn. on Wednesday, September 30, 2015 - 07:10 am:

Ok this light has been driving me nuts. I found mine and it's a Dietz. The top of the burner says Dietz dainty light company. Oct. 9 /06 I don't know what it came off of but it
Has a red jewel on the back an no side light. I'll find out.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Ida Fls on Wednesday, September 30, 2015 - 11:14 am:

Dietz Daintys were used on Mercers and probably several dozen other cars. Most I have seen were without the bails. Like Ford, many cars makers offered different brands of lamps. Most lamp companies provided their lamps to many car makers. Finding what car used a particular lamp can be difficult.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jason Kuczynski on Wednesday, September 30, 2015 - 12:03 pm:

An aside on the bails- when we were at Piquette last weekend, my oldest son and I were looking at the green roadster (I think it was an S?) and I noted it had no headlights. He looked at it very briefly, then said, "That's probably what these hooks are for, they just hung lanterns" and pointed at the firewall/dash area. Sure enough, there were brackets there. Not a bad guess for a 14 year old!

I was impressed anyway.

JK

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard E Moore Jr. Pickwick lake Tenn. on Wednesday, September 30, 2015 - 12:50 pm:

Sure wish I had those brackets

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration