Simmons Super Power Carburetor

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Simmons Super Power Carburetor
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Coatham on Tuesday, September 29, 2015 - 07:10 am:

Is there anyone still in the business of repairing\rebuilding the Simmons Carburetors? I have a Super Power I'd like to get refurbished for use.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chuck Martel in Temperance MI on Tuesday, September 29, 2015 - 07:22 am:

Try Russ Potter in Illinois. I think I remember him telling me he had done a few.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James A. Golden on Tuesday, September 29, 2015 - 08:35 am:

I have one I would like to try too. I need a little lead or pot-metal flapper for it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Pat Kelly Montana on Tuesday, September 29, 2015 - 10:22 am:

I rebuilt my Super Power with NH parts, runs great. If the flapper is damaged it sounds they are hard to find. But a basic rebuild is easy. PK

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Tuesday, September 29, 2015 - 12:47 pm:

I couldn't get a good seat on the needle valve for mine, so Jack Daron rebuilt mine for me. While he was at it, He rebuilt a Western Auto 'Wizard' carburetor of the same design.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Tuesday, September 29, 2015 - 12:50 pm:

Forgot to add that while many NH parts are interchangeable, the needle valve is of a (not even close) length.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration