1912 Torpedo Side Curtains

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: 1912 Torpedo Side Curtains
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Greg sarky K on Tuesday, September 29, 2015 - 02:16 pm:

For those of you who have written and asked me for photos of what 1912 Torpedo side curtains look like and what hardware was used, here you go.

The top photos are the originals, which are in excellent condition. The bottom photo shows the new exact reproduction side curtains.

All original hardware was used in the reproduction, including murphys, clips and even the original factory label shown.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gene Carrothers Huntington Beach on Tuesday, September 29, 2015 - 09:02 pm:

Greg, Those look Great! I'm not sure I've seen any original ones before. Who made these for you? Sounds like there are a few guys like me that also need some to keep the wife nice and dry.

Sure could have used them on this years National Tour.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Townsend ; ^ ) Gresham, Orygun on Tuesday, September 29, 2015 - 09:26 pm:

Well done, indeed!

: ^ )

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Greg sarky K on Tuesday, September 29, 2015 - 09:49 pm:

Yes, Gene I have never seen any other original ones either. I didn't know I had them for two years after I started the torpedo restoration and then I found them rolled up in the rafters where dad had put them...

Marks Upholstery in Foxboro ma did the curtains as well as all of my upholstery. Excellent work.

The car comes home next week and I will be in touch with you.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Greg sarky K on Tuesday, September 29, 2015 - 09:50 pm:

Thanks Keith. And thanks for all the help and info you have given me in the past!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Putnam, Bluffton, Ohio on Tuesday, September 29, 2015 - 10:28 pm:

You have done an excellent job and maintained authenticity. Super!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith on Wednesday, September 30, 2015 - 10:15 am:

Greg, I'm proud of you and what you have done. It is too bad more people don't think like you do. I found a bunch of those clips you have pictured at a swap meet a while back, because even though I own a '13 which doesn't use them, I knew the earlier models did. A huge well done.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By roy palmer on Wednesday, September 30, 2015 - 12:58 pm:

You are doing a great job Greg. I appreciate the attention to detail that you have shown in your restoration..

Cant wait to see this completed car!!

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration