Hershey Tips, Tricks and Advice

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Hershey Tips, Tricks and Advice
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rod Barrett - Anderson, IN on Wednesday, September 30, 2015 - 04:14 pm:

This is our first trip to Hershey. To all you veterans: Where should we go and when? I have read some bring a little red wagon. When are the car shows and auctions? Any advice would be greatly welcomed. We are staying in our RV and will be driving to the event each day in our tow vehicle. Is there any free parking? Thanks!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jeff V on Wednesday, September 30, 2015 - 04:25 pm:

The car show is Saturday morning. In my opinion, the best view of the show involves watching the cars drive down the road and onto the show field, which they start doing at first light.

Get a program. You'll NEED the maps.

If you see something you like, make the decision to buy or not buy before you walk away or carefully write down the space number where it is. I've thought things over and decided to buy things after I've walked away and then could completely not find them again.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan B on Wednesday, September 30, 2015 - 04:48 pm:

Rod - Checkout this thread from earlier in September.

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/506218/567641.html?1441462423

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Wednesday, September 30, 2015 - 06:22 pm:

Depends on what parts you are looking for--you might want to bring a BIG red wagon!
:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Wednesday, September 30, 2015 - 10:02 pm:

At the very least, you want a back pack. Even better, when that back pack full of parts starts cutting into your shoulders, is something with wheels.

One of my best purchases last year was this folding cart. By the time I found it I was delighted to pay $10 for it.

The only problem was that with the short handle it kept clipping my heels, so this year I've added a handle extension to solve that problem.

This meet is huge; immense; vast. Due to rain outs, I've never covered all of it. When you see an article of interest, you have to decide whether to buy it NOW or come back later. If the article is something you really need or want, and you can live with the price, you'd better buy it now. When you come back, you either won't be able to find the place (even if you noted the location), or it will be gone. If it's not that important, you can gamble that it will still be there and that you can find it, and maybe by Friday afternoon the price will come down.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Miller, Mostly in Dearborn on Thursday, October 01, 2015 - 06:27 am:

If you intend to buy a part, hold onto it until the deal is done. My friend had a Model A part in his hand and was haggling over the price. A gent visiting from a foreign land politely asked my friend if he could see it. He then proceeded to hand the seller his asking price and walked off with the part. The seller and my friend didn't know what to say.

In the last few years, I am no longer seeing certain original parts at Hershey. My advice is, if you need it, don't write down the space number; buy it. I almost lost out on a nice set of fenders because I walked a couple spaces further while pondering whether I should buy them. As I paid the guy for them, a second guy walked up and simply said "Dang it." and walked away. Had I waited two more minutes, I would have been the one saying it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Wicker on Thursday, October 01, 2015 - 07:59 am:

The 4 wheel buggy is the best one to have. When loaded with heavy stuff you can push it. My first trip 10 years ago I took a model A front axle with radius rod and spindles and two rear axle tubes to my car all at once. I replaced the buggy 2 years ago.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration