'26 roadster trackstrip

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: '26 roadster trackstrip
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William M Brown on Wednesday, September 30, 2015 - 06:09 pm:

I bought the plastic tackstrip from Langes and it is just a 3/4" square piece of plastic. I had a piece of the original tackstrp but I can't seem to lay my hands on it. I would like to finish it with the same profile as the wood was. I have made this pattern which I think is the best that I can remember, This was cut in pine as a test. It this close to the original?profile

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Wednesday, September 30, 2015 - 08:41 pm:

Looks real close.

Nice to do that detail, provides inset relief for the upholstery and top material to lay in. Then the gimp or hidem follows over both on the high edge.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William M Brown on Wednesday, September 30, 2015 - 08:47 pm:

From you picture I think I will give a little more relief and round the bottom edge,

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith on Thursday, October 01, 2015 - 10:36 am:

Dans photo looks like a '24 or 25.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Thursday, October 01, 2015 - 10:15 pm:

Larry

Correct, that's a typical later touring,

My '26 runabout had the same or very similar profile on its original trim strips, its just I don't have a very good close up of that part.

The best photo can do. Maybe zoom it and see more detail, but the photo is low pixel.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration