Why are speedometer cables so hard to find?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Why are speedometer cables so hard to find?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Daniel M. Chapasko on Thursday, October 01, 2015 - 02:15 pm:

Been trying to locate a cable and housing for my 1927 Ford. Have a 160 Stewart. Please don't give me the phone number of the "speedometer guy" he has no answering machine, and does not answer.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Thursday, October 01, 2015 - 02:47 pm:

What does it look like, length etc., I might have one in my storage

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Thursday, October 01, 2015 - 02:55 pm:

If Russ isn't at the phone, maybe he checks his e-mail from time to time?

Try a private message: http://www.mtfca.com/cgi-bin/discus/board-profile.cgi?action=view_profile&profil e=russ_furstnow-users

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ned Protexter on Thursday, October 01, 2015 - 04:25 pm:

I'm sure Russ isn't avoiding your calls on purpose. He's a one man shop. Leave your number here and I'm sure he will reach out to you.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Thursday, October 01, 2015 - 05:50 pm:

Daniel

Why are cables hard to find? Because they are rare. Speedometers were aftermarket accessory, and only few owners bought them.

That said, you can hunt at swaps, or adv. but you have to know what to look for. And Russ will answer you if patient. He's a working guy, and it's a hobby for most all of us too. :-)

Maybe these will help so you can be specific in you quest.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Val Soupios on Thursday, October 01, 2015 - 06:04 pm:

There are 2 types of cables for the 160 I believe depending on which speedometer head you have. One screws on and the other is held on with a clip and a screw. I believe the screw on type is being reproduced but the other style is no and is very hard to find.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Russ Furstnow on Thursday, October 01, 2015 - 06:25 pm:

Daniel,
I'm not sure if I'm your "speedometer guy", but I have an answering machine and I have not gotten a message from you. The cable for your speedometer can be of two distinct types depending on your speedometer drive. If you have the spiral drive, there is one type of cable and if you have a swivel drive the cable takes the "chain link" style. I'm happy to talk with you about your needs. Ph: (928) 526-1343.
Russ Furstnow

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration