Ford Model T Tool Kit

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Ford Model T Tool Kit
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Greg P. Gordon on Thursday, October 01, 2015 - 03:00 pm:

1.) I had a stroke.

2.) Ford Tool Kit. Have you folks you me what will cost ? (Approx.)

Greg P. Gordon
330-466-2891

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Townsend ; ^ ) Gresham, Orygun on Thursday, October 01, 2015 - 03:56 pm:

Hi, Greg.

Welcome to the forum. I'm glad your stroke has not diminished your Model T enthusiasm. What type of tool kit are you looking for? I see you have a TT truck. Maybe some of our TT truck owners can steer you in what tools came with the TT truck, and what type of tool roll was used.

If you are looking for passenger car, Lang's, Mac's and Snyder's all carry tool rolls, although I don't know if they are year specific.

https://www.modeltford.com/item/B1ROLL.aspx

http://www.snydersantiqueauto.com/tool-roll

http://www.macsautoparts.com/ford_model_t/model-t-ford-tool-roll-black-naugahyde -with-nickel-hardware.html

: ^ )

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Wetherbee - Downeast Maine on Monday, October 05, 2015 - 12:58 pm:

Hi Greg - sorry to hear about the stroke, but like Keith, I'm glad its not hurting you enthusiasm towards T's.

There are only a few tools special to the TT, and here is how I'd price them:

TT Jack - $25
TT Jack Handle - $45 (go figure, but I bet it is the hardest tool to find for late era cars or trucks)
TT Spark plug wrench - $5
TT Tire Irons - $25 each (x2 I think)

The rest is the same in the car or truck kits:

Pliers - $20
Monkey Wrench - $10
Hubcap Wrench - 1925 style - $10
Band Wrench - $5
Oil can - $35
Tire Pump - $75

I think that is all of them - so lets say around $280 range for un-restored tools, if you are looking for tools that have been restored you can double that or more as I'll bet getting the oil can re-plated would be cost prohibitive.

At some point, I need to put together another list for the classifieds area, but these prices are what they have brought in the past.

Good luck,
Mark

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith on Monday, October 05, 2015 - 08:11 pm:

You failed to mention the year of your car. The set of tools supplied with cars changed almost yearly, so it's impossible to give you any information with the data you have given.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Monday, October 05, 2015 - 09:14 pm:

Greg has a 1925 TT in his profile.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Garrison - Rice Minnesota on Monday, October 05, 2015 - 09:42 pm:

Hi Greg. It's nice to see you're here. Welcome.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Wetherbee - Downeast Maine on Tuesday, October 06, 2015 - 12:45 pm:

Sorry Larry, but I cheated and looked at his profile too.

The later tools would be the easiest to make a full set of, and I feel sorry for the guys trying to make up early sets of tools. To give an example of this, the last cast spark plug socket I had brought $125 on T-bay and the last three-hole early hubcap wrench went a touch over $200... I bet you could spend less on a running (slightly rough) car than a full set of early tools.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith on Tuesday, October 06, 2015 - 08:01 pm:

Yup, that early stuff is getting pricey, but, try to find it! I've had a lot of that stuff, and sold a lot of it too. With all the work involved in finding these early tools, I think I'm entitled to be reimbursed for finding them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Wetherbee - Downeast Maine on Wednesday, October 07, 2015 - 12:40 pm:

I hope you don't think I'm arguing against that point Larry - I agree that the time and effort involved in finding the early tools is the reason for their higher prices. I've only had three of those hubcap wrenches in the past 35 years - compared to multiple dozens of the later styles...

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration