TT throttle arm question

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: TT throttle arm question
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Justin H. - Western PA on Thursday, October 01, 2015 - 10:10 pm:

While getting my steering column ready to install in the TT I found a difference in some throttle arms as shown in the picture. The shorter arm is attached to my column which came from a car with a round mounting flange. The longer yellow arm came from what I believe to have been a TT column with the square mounting flange. Is the length of the throttle arm unique to the TT or the square flange column? Which one is correct for a TT? I don't want to install the wrong one and find that there are clearance issues with the throttle rod.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Thursday, October 01, 2015 - 11:02 pm:

Justin

Since you believe that 3531 lever came off a '26-'27 sq. mount column, then that longer one is likely the 3531B, throttle rod lever for the vaporizer carb.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Thursday, October 01, 2015 - 11:29 pm:

What are the lengths of each ? I can measure mine for you.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bob middleton on Friday, October 02, 2015 - 12:14 am:

My Tt column and my car column are same

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Miller, Sequim WA on Friday, October 02, 2015 - 01:30 am:

Justin, Dan is right. The late 27 TT's used a ( +/_ 1/4") longer lever for the vaporizer linkage that ran over the engine. This was probably the same in the cars starting in 1926.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Justin H. - Western PA on Friday, October 02, 2015 - 06:55 am:

The longer lever is slightly over 2 1/8" long and the shorter one is 1 3/4" long. That makes sense about the vaporizer carb. What threw me was that the longer one was mounted in the lower position on the improved column as opposed to up high where the vaporizer levers are mounted.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Friday, October 02, 2015 - 09:02 am:

Justin

Correct, that 3531B is longer and mounted upright on the upper part of the throttle rod for the Vaporizor carb.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Justin H. - Western PA on Friday, October 02, 2015 - 10:00 am:

Dan, thank you for the clarification and picture.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Friday, October 02, 2015 - 10:30 am:

Looks like youzalls got this dialed in already ... no follow up needed (?)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith on Friday, October 02, 2015 - 10:40 am:

When all else fails, check the parts book, and go from there!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Justin H. - Western PA on Friday, October 02, 2015 - 11:34 am:

Burger, it seems that it is clear but if you are around your TT and don't mind looking I would appreciate it.

Larry, I tried to find my parts manual but after putting it where I wouldn't lose it, I can't seem find it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Saturday, October 03, 2015 - 04:19 pm:

My "sport truck" runs a Kingston and has the 1 and 3/4" rod.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration