1923 roadster windscreen

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: 1923 roadster windscreen
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By TT on Friday, October 02, 2015 - 08:12 am:

I have a 23 model roadster, I saw a picture of a similar model recently, same model so has a sloping windshield but the top part was swiveled open, should they do this?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Friday, October 02, 2015 - 08:39 am:

Yes, all the US 1923-25 open car and TT C-cab windshields has an opening top part and a fixed lower part. The TT C-cab upper windshield is higher than the car and was used 1924-27. The Canadian version of the sloping windshield came earlier, maybe in 1920? and had both the top and lower part of the windshield swiveling.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Friday, October 02, 2015 - 08:40 am:

All 1923 US open cars with one-man top has slant windshield with fixed lower pane, and tilt upper pane.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By TT on Friday, October 02, 2015 - 08:43 am:

Thanks Both, great picture Dan.

It looks like my wing nuts have been replaced with normal ones which led me to believe permanent. Anyway now undone and the screen swivels! so off to see if I can get any wingnuts.

(Message edited by new2t on October 02, 2015)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Friday, October 02, 2015 - 08:54 am:

It's a pity they're chromed, but they're good quality: http://www.snydersantiqueauto.com/wing-nut

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By TT on Friday, October 02, 2015 - 09:11 am:

Thanks Roger, quality looks nice, will see if one if the parts guys here in the UK have any in stock.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Friday, October 02, 2015 - 09:17 am:

Those look nice, but they are not as beefy as the originals, see the attached pics. Since these pictures were taken, I replated my originals with a Caswell nickel plating kit, they came out very nice. :-)

nuts01 nuts02

nuts03

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Friday, October 02, 2015 - 11:52 am:

Mark

Originals may not be too beefy. :-)

Someone didn't want that upper glass to flip open long ago.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By TT on Saturday, October 03, 2015 - 03:15 am:

That's taken some force!

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration