'26 floorboard question

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: '26 floorboard question
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William M Brown on Friday, October 02, 2015 - 10:13 pm:

I've been rebuilding my floorboards for my '26 roadster. Where the lower board meets the upper boards at a angle, are there iron straps that hold the two together as shown in the picture? I think these were perhaps add-ons to strengthen the lower board which was in poor shape.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Bergmann Sydney - Australia on Friday, October 02, 2015 - 10:38 pm:

You are correct William. Brackets are not standard. Just the wood.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Saturday, October 03, 2015 - 02:40 am:

Model A boards have brackets, mostly on the bottom board with a lip that holds the front board tight against it. Musta been a better idea?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By JohnH on Saturday, October 03, 2015 - 03:39 am:

My 1926 tourer has three straps:
floor

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William M Brown on Saturday, October 03, 2015 - 08:27 am:

The straps would make sense as the metal surround of the hand brake handle would also attach to the upper board as it appears in John's photograph. Mine also had the wood battens as shown in John's photo which I thought were add-ons as well. John's metal straps look exactly like mine.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dale L Myers on Saturday, October 03, 2015 - 09:47 am:

Here is a link to an earlier thread about floorboards.
http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/331880/354649.html?1366131784

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William M Brown on Saturday, October 03, 2015 - 10:07 am:

Dale, this link answers a lot of questions. It looks like the two battens and the three metal straps were standard. Thanks!

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration