Hood shelf wooden blocks

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Hood shelf wooden blocks
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Corey Walker, Brownsboro TX on Saturday, October 03, 2015 - 09:55 am:

Does anyone have the dimensions/drawing of these blocks? Looks like I could make some fairly easy. For a 17-22 low radiator model.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Saturday, October 03, 2015 - 11:16 am:

Don't have sketches.

But this photo is set of originals on a '23 low hood shelf.

By the way, the holes drilled for the hood clamp holddowns are slightly angled, so the shaft of the hold down is at a slight angle for the ear of the hold down to grasp onto the hood. And to allow the hold down to be angled away so as to not interfere too much with you lift the hood.

The hood shelf is assembled first, with hold downs, washer, spring and cotter. That allows the assembly to be easily positioned on the fender/frame.

Here is another from earlier post with fabricated blocks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Corey Walker, Brownsboro TX on Saturday, October 03, 2015 - 11:25 am:

OK Thanks. I'll try to make some. Hate to be so cheap but I've got plenty scrap wood.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith on Saturday, October 03, 2015 - 07:13 pm:

I have yet to see a repro that is made correctly! The thickness has to be exactly the same as the lip on the hood shelf. The angles on the repro blocks is most always off. I've had good luck finding originals, usually NOS.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration