Old Photo - Model T Era Mechanics Doing Their Thing.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Old Photo - Model T Era Mechanics Doing Their Thing.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Saturday, October 03, 2015 - 10:42 am:

Looks like those jackets could stand on their own. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver- liberal,mo. on Saturday, October 03, 2015 - 11:18 am:

2 cyl Maxwell ???? charley

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary H. White - Sheridan, MI on Saturday, October 03, 2015 - 04:32 pm:

From the looks of the mechanic's overalls in some of the old shop pictures they must have stood them in the corner when they were done for the day. Would be a brave man who would take them home for the wife to wash.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Saturday, October 03, 2015 - 05:12 pm:

My Grandfather wore long john's most of the time summer and winter.

The period that the mechanics in the pic lived in long sleeve shirts, long underwear, was pretty much common for most men.

People were use to it and I guess just endured.

And they might have taken a bath every third day or so!

My Mother had 5 kids in their family growing up and they took turns at the end of the in the big family washtub. And that was after picking cotton for most of the day! And these were the good old days??

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Saturday, October 03, 2015 - 05:17 pm:

If you look closely at the mechanic that's sitting down you can just see the long underwear showing above his right hand. Man I bet it was hot if that picture was taken in the summer!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By brass car guy on Saturday, October 03, 2015 - 07:59 pm:

Its now against the law to smoke in your work place.

just sayin'

brasscarguy

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration