Not wanting to cause any thread drift about 220

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Not wanting to cause any thread drift about 220
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Saturday, October 03, 2015 - 11:59 pm:

Maybe the price isn't to far fetched when compared to some other things:

http://www.msn.com/en-us/movies/news/princess-leia%e2%80%99s-slave-bikini-fetche s-dollar96000-at-auction/ar-AAf49UY?li=AAa0dzB

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Georgetown TX on Sunday, October 04, 2015 - 12:04 am:

I was reading about a stamp that sold for $9.5 Million. I was thinking I could make a case for buying 220 in that I could drive 220 to work if I had to and it might only cost $110K. The $9.5M stamp wouldn't take me anywhere.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Sunday, October 04, 2015 - 07:08 am:

The $9.5 million stamp would take you to the poor house. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Sunday, October 04, 2015 - 07:19 am:

As Dad said "Cars are worth what people will pay for them, rarity and condition are the reasons for a higher or lower price" I think there is only one #220 and it's documentation looks good so it should bring a very high price. :-) Just my $.02!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marty Bufalini - Grosse Pointe, MI on Sunday, October 04, 2015 - 07:25 am:

Whether you collect stamps or cars, either way you take a licking!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James J. Lyons III - West Virginia on Sunday, October 04, 2015 - 09:41 am:

I don't know about that... using the same logic, my 1913 Touring number 299,995 is a one-of-a-kind as well. Anyone wanna give me 35k for it since there is only "one" 299,995 ever made? Just funnin'.. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Sunday, October 04, 2015 - 09:52 am:

Jim, I'll take that case one step further, er, backward... my '13 is 254,719 so since it's even older,(hence all the more "rarer"?) I should at least be able to get $37K for it!! Ha ha. Yeah right. :-)

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration