Intake Manifold with small brass tube in the center?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Intake Manifold with small brass tube in the center?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Christopher Vasconcelos in Fairhaven, MA on Sunday, October 04, 2015 - 08:09 am:

My intake manifold has a small brass tube sticking out of the center (just next to the Ford script). It also looks like there is a wire or cable jammed into this little brass tube. I searched the forum but could not find an answer...just a bunch of guesses. When I bought the car nothing was attached to this little tube.

Any thoughts on what it was used for?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James A. Golden on Sunday, October 04, 2015 - 08:19 am:

Perhaps a vacuum source for a vacuum window wiper.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John T. Tannehill III, Hot Coffee, MS on Sunday, October 04, 2015 - 08:21 am:

Could have been something simple like a priming cup or a vacuum connection, could have also been a water injector port for one of the many accessory add on's to improve performance.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Christopher Vasconcelos in Fairhaven, MA on Sunday, October 04, 2015 - 09:05 am:

Thanks...I'll just leave it be then. I'm in the process of taking every single piece of my T apart...finally down to the engine!

This little tube was bugging me...thanks again.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Sunday, October 04, 2015 - 09:31 am:

As John and James said, Its probably a vacuum tube for the accessory vacuum wipers.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James A. Golden on Sunday, October 04, 2015 - 09:34 am:

Then too, a water injection was used to remove carbon from the combustion chamber in the old says.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration