Yesterday's best auction deal?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Yesterday's best auction deal?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Sunday, October 04, 2015 - 12:32 pm:

One guy wanted bread pans. He dumped everything out of them and gave it all to me. There are a few starter and generator block-off plates, some brass valve stems and covers, and a jumble of other small stuff. I hope I can sort it all out this winter and find out what all I brought home. But the best deal may have been the shelf full of stuff I bought for $1.

That included this non-Ford tire pump. With some cleaning and paint, a new hose, and maybe a new leather, it will be good to go.

What has me almost giddy with delight is that the pump has a check valve. That's something that's often missing from these old pumps.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Cascisa - Poulsbo, Washington on Sunday, October 04, 2015 - 12:41 pm:

Steve,

Nice score :-) :-) :-). I wish we had more auctions around here. Is the pump tube brass?

Be_Zero_Be

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Sunday, October 04, 2015 - 12:45 pm:

Nope. Steel. It's in great shape. No dings or dents at all.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Sunday, October 04, 2015 - 02:09 pm:

Steve, ... you got this all wrong. Costco sells plastic foot pumps for $29 (for the two-pak).
All this old stuff is inefficient and icky. Please, make a note of it. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Sunday, October 04, 2015 - 03:24 pm:

I went to a small farm sale yesterday and everything went cheap!! I was running my mouth and missed a nice set of tanks,cart,regs,and torch for 200.00 I would have gave them to my oldest grandson but i m,issed out!! I did get a small power bandsaw needing a switch for 35.00 though.Just fair a 1566 slightly over 5000.00 a sharp/show 806 gas slightly over 5,000,300 utility with loader 1300 460 with loader and backhoe under 2,000.A td 9 dozer running on good iron 600.00 and a very old but good shape 202 hydra-unit excavator for 3300.00 Bud in Wheeler,Mi.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Sunday, October 04, 2015 - 03:56 pm:

Be_Zero_Be, are you looking for a single brass tube Ford tire pump?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Sunday, October 04, 2015 - 04:25 pm:

Burger, please take careful note. I have two of those Chinese foot operated tire pumps. They are actually nice, mostly steel, a bit flimsy, but mostly built well enough. They were inexpensive, and I thought they might be handy under the seat of a couple antique cars. I only have a couple decent old pumps in usable condition, and usually neglected to grab one when I went for a drive. So what could be better than having a tire pump to just keep in the car?
Then one day, I tried to use one.

No check valves.

Brand new tire pumps.
They don't work very well without check valves.

Drive carefully, and enjoy, W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerome Hoffman, Hays Kansas on Sunday, October 04, 2015 - 04:56 pm:

Was this the one in Anthony?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Garnet on Sunday, October 04, 2015 - 05:29 pm:

All I brung home lately was this toilet seat warmer :-(

Regards all,
Garnet

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Cascisa - Poulsbo, Washington on Sunday, October 04, 2015 - 07:49 pm:

Terry,

I have one - I was just curious about Steve's.

Be_Zero_Be

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Sunday, October 04, 2015 - 08:05 pm:

I wonder if there is a modern source for those hose barb fittings with the built-in check valve?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Sunday, October 04, 2015 - 09:09 pm:

Jerry, no, this one was in OKC. I didn't know there was one in Anthony.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By brass car guy on Sunday, October 04, 2015 - 10:01 pm:

Sounds like far too much work to inflate a tire. I just take the very neat compact 12v tire pump out of my Ferrari and carry it with me on tours. Seems the only time a tire goes flat is when its nearly 100 degrees. I prefer to clip the terminals from my my electric pump to the small battery and wella a short time later my tire is at 60 pounds and ready to roll.

There are lots of inexpensive small electric pumps at parts stores that work as well.

just sayin'

brasscarguy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay F. Cramer on Sunday, October 04, 2015 - 11:04 pm:

Back before I had a compressor, my brother and I learned that it takes a long time to pump up a tractor tire by hand, even a small one like the 9 X 24's on our neighbor's little Avery. I'm glad that we didn't have to build much pressure in the tire.
Jay Cramer

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration