Center Door question?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Center Door question?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bryce Putnam Peoria AZ on Sunday, October 04, 2015 - 08:14 pm:

On my 1919 Center Door there are two small holes next to the lift straps on each window trim.
I have looked at 5 other Center Door none have these holes
Any thoughts on what they are for?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andy Loso St Joseph, MN on Sunday, October 04, 2015 - 08:17 pm:

Possibly small anti-rattlers of some sort, either the roller type or the ones that have felt/rubber headed bolt that adjusts towards the glass causing it not rattle.

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/118802/121362.html?1293553031

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Booth@ Bay City, Mi on Sunday, October 04, 2015 - 08:29 pm:

That would probably act as a window lock also, good idea !!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Willis Jenkins on Sunday, October 04, 2015 - 08:39 pm:

I am curious as to where the gas tank is located on a center door? Is it still under the front seats as they are bucket seats?

Thanks,
Willis

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Wolf on Sunday, October 04, 2015 - 08:54 pm:

Under the driver' seat.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Milton,WA on Sunday, October 04, 2015 - 08:57 pm:

Good call, Andy ! We have them on all our Centerdoor windows.

Our '19's gas tank is under the driver's seat.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bryce Putnam Peoria AZ on Monday, October 05, 2015 - 08:38 am:

Thank you Andy
I was thinking window lock but no point in that can't lock the doors

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Willis Jenkins on Tuesday, October 06, 2015 - 09:01 am:

For those of you who have center doors, how difficult is it to get into and out of them? It looks pretty tough to do as I look at interior pictures, I am trying to visualize how both driver and front passenger would get in. I understand a young in shape person should have no difficulties, but how about an older person in less than perfect shape?

Cheers,
Willis

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Hedges on Tuesday, October 06, 2015 - 10:20 am:

Willis I have a 1918 centerdoor and I am 5'9 and weigh 200 lbs,60 years old and not that good of shape.I leave the passenger seat up until I get in the driver seat,then the passenger and its no problem.5 adults fit well but everybody better like everybody.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bryce Putnam Peoria AZ on Tuesday, October 06, 2015 - 10:43 am:

My wife uses a walker to get around I've added a grab strap on the hinge side of the door and step stool to get up to the running board the front passenger seat folds forward out of the way and with some pushing she gets in and rides in the back.
There is a gap between the two front seats but she has not tried to negotiate that.
So on tours I'm driving Miss Daisy (Terrie)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Longbranch,WA on Tuesday, October 06, 2015 - 10:46 am:

We have a '19 and I'm a bit "vertically challenged" at 5'4" and 180 BUT I do have the original Ruckstell shifter in the center which makes it somewhat awkward to navigate to the front seats.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tony Bowker, Ramona, CA on Wednesday, October 07, 2015 - 12:47 am:

I remember some little telling a tale about a Center Door when he was a kid. The Father drove, the daughter sat behind the driver and the wife on the rear seat. The little boy found his way to the front seat. Now that would be a real backseat driver...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chuck Lebeda, Humboldt, SD on Wednesday, October 07, 2015 - 10:06 am:

I leave the passenger seat flipped over and crawl in; not too bad. I am 63 and 210. I have 26 touring with four doors; the front drivers door is not that easy to crawl into either. Best to get in from the passenger front. No Ruckstell in either car.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration