Smith and jones

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Smith and jones
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By don ellis on Monday, October 05, 2015 - 06:41 am:

Say a prayer for Smith and Jones, they are in the middle of some terrible flooding.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Monday, October 05, 2015 - 06:46 am:

We need to pray for everyone in the S.C. and N.C. areas, they have had biblical proportions of rain. Imagine over 20" in only 72 hours....and as I type, more is on the way with another large Low Pressure system. How much can they withstand?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Wolf on Monday, October 05, 2015 - 06:59 am:

Bought a lot of stuff off Smith & Jones.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Monday, October 05, 2015 - 08:32 am:

The good news, a lot was learned and applied from previous disasters such as the Hurricane Katrina. The SC Governor declared a state of emergency on Thur based on the forecast of the worst rains in over a 100 years. And requested and obtained a Federal declaration of a state of emergency before the flooding really got started. The National Guard was put on alert while things were still looking ok so they could be ready when needed. (Disclaimer a few politicians disagree with that assessment but hey, Im not running for office and that is the little bit I know about the situation.)

The bad news at least 5 people have lost their lives due to the weather related incidents. Others have lost homes. Many have had water damage to their homes. And so much of it depended on where your house was located. One side of a street might be ok and the other side two feet or more deep in water. Schools are closed, the hospital cancelled all but emergency visits, Shaw AFB is locked down with only essential personnel allowed to drive etc. Our family has been blessed the closest the water got to our house was probably 20 feet away or so. And it was only 4 or 6 inches deep at the back of the yard. But on the news last night they showed some areas that had more than 6 feet of water flowing over cars in the parking lots and through homes and apartments.

Smith & Jones is located very close to the Columbia SC airport. It was reported that more than 10 inches of rain had fallen at the airport between 12:01 a.m. Saturday and 5 p.m. Sunday, breaking the previous, 48-hour total of 7.7 inches. I googled information on the airport and the way I read it, the airport was closed Oct 4 and is expected to open Oct 5 (today) at 1300 UTC -- so in the afternoon Monday.

Yes, please keep Smith & Jones and others in the flood areas in your thoughts and prayers. Several of the forum members are located in this heavy rain/flood area. If anyone hears from them please give us an update. Hal Davis in Georgia; Mack Cole in North Carolina and probably others that I cant think of at the moment.

Respectfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 cut off

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Monday, October 05, 2015 - 10:21 am:

I hope they come out with as little damage as possible. We only got 6 inches here over 2 days so we didn't suffer alot but that is alot of rain in a short time.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Monday, October 05, 2015 - 11:49 am:

It was all to the North of us, but thanks for thinking of us. We had rain, but nothing like the SC area and thankfully, no flooding.

I had been thinking of Smith and Jones myself. I had just ordered from them on Thursday and received my package on Friday. I wondered if they were all OK.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bob middleton on Monday, October 05, 2015 - 12:12 pm:

Bought 3 bolts for 3 model A carbs all thee bolt are 1/2" different in length
This was last week but I hope they will be ok and weather the storm best of luck

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James E Bowery on Monday, October 05, 2015 - 01:57 pm:

I talked to a lady at Smith & Jones at 1:45 today and they are fine and open for business.

Jim B

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Monday, October 05, 2015 - 02:22 pm:

Good to hear!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Monday, October 05, 2015 - 03:25 pm:

Ditto! Thanks for the up date.

Respectfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 cut off

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Monday, October 05, 2015 - 04:51 pm:

I been wonderin' 'bout all you good ol' Southern boys the past couple days. Good to hear you are all okay. Prayers for those that aren't.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration