2015 LEAF PEEPER TOUR

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: 2015 LEAF PEEPER TOUR
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson, Berthoud, Co. on Monday, October 05, 2015 - 08:43 am:

I would like to post just a few pictures of this years tour. I believe that this tour had the best color that I have seen in over 20 years of Leaf Peeper Tours. My good camera went south so I did not have a very good camera to show some of the cars on the tour and the color.

This picture was on the way to Steamboat Springs were we did a four day hub tour.

on the way

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson, Berthoud, Co. on Monday, October 05, 2015 - 08:55 am:

The first day of the tour was to the town of Oak Creek. After a barbeque lunch we went to the park for, of coarse, ice cream.

ice cream

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson, Berthoud, Co. on Monday, October 05, 2015 - 09:03 am:

We had been told that in the early days there was a dump high in the hills were cars had been dumped over a cliff for years. There was supposed to be cars in the dump as early as the 30ths. So we had to go up the hill to check it out. Some of the guys went down to check the cars out. No one seemed to find any great treasures but I would like to spent a couple of days checking it out. The dump extended for a good half mile of better. One of the guys had to be helped back up by a rope thrown to him.

dump

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson, Berthoud, Co. on Monday, October 05, 2015 - 09:10 am:

The third day we went North to Steamboat Lake up along the Elk Creek River. When We got to the Lake we stopped at the information station. We were surrounded by high peaks and the colors were one of the best areas that we were at. Again my camera does not take very good pictures of the surrounding mountains and the aspen.

cars at information station

two cars

yellow

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson, Berthoud, Co. on Monday, October 05, 2015 - 09:41 am:

The fourth day we drove up Rabbit Ears Pass. Rabbit Ears Pass 9426 elevation is about 17 mile, ALL UP, 6.8 grade. Mark Hamlin and Bryce Putnum had Z Heads and fastest trip up to the top. Once we got to the top we stopped at the sign to take pictures. Even the tourists stopped to take pictures of the Ts.

Ts sideways

Ts frontal

I would like to thank everyone for coming on the Tour with us. I again will apologize for not having a tour booklet. I have a different copier now and WILL have a tour booklet next time.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Alexander in Albion, Maine on Tuesday, October 06, 2015 - 02:51 pm:

Very smart camera. It knows about Colorado winters. Going south is a good idea. Now, here in Maine. . . . . . . .

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dylan Thomas Wills on Tuesday, October 06, 2015 - 11:33 pm:

Beautiful tour, thanks for sharing!

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration