MTFCA Board of Directors Election

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: MTFCA Board of Directors Election
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Monday, October 05, 2015 - 11:52 am:

In the September - October issue of The Vintage Ford you will find the ballot postcard and information for the candidates for the MTFCA Board of Directors for the 3 year term beginning in 2016.

I am one of those candidates and would appreciate your vote. The reason I'm running is because I want to do my best to make our Model T Hobby and the MTFCA the best it can be.

You must vote for 3 of the candidates, not more or less, or your vote will not count.

I encourage you to vote (Even if you don't vote for me) because every vote counts!

Thank you for your support.

Sincerely, Keith Gumbinger

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert G. Hester Jr., Riverview, FL on Monday, October 05, 2015 - 03:30 pm:

You got mine, Keith. Regards, Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John McGinnis in San Jose area, CA. on Monday, October 05, 2015 - 03:46 pm:

Pardon my ignorance, but what does the board of directors do?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Vaughn - Lincoln, NE on Monday, October 05, 2015 - 04:16 pm:

John,

(From the MTFCA Operations Manual)
Board of Directors:

RESPONSIBILITY

Each member of the Board of Directors is to
assist in guiding the Club and directing its
activities in accord with the other Board
members and Officers.

SPECIFIC DUTIES

1. Each Board member should attempt to be
present at all Board meetings during his/her
term of office, to o
offer his/her opinion on
matters presented before the Board, and to
originate new activities and ideas in which
the Club members can participate.
2. There are no other specific duties, however,
each Board member should be ready to accept
the position of an Officer or Coordinator or
other function as the President or Board may
request.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Monday, October 05, 2015 - 04:23 pm:

Bored Members are not the same as Members of the Board! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Monday, October 05, 2015 - 08:01 pm:

Keith -- I sent my ballot in yesterday. You got one of my 3 votes. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Monday, October 05, 2015 - 08:03 pm:

Tossed my renewal packet. Guess I won't be getting a ballot.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Wolf on Monday, October 05, 2015 - 08:19 pm:

When did y guys get your Sept/Oct. issue of Vintage Ford?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Monday, October 05, 2015 - 08:40 pm:

I have commented in the past that I don't fully understand the MTFCA requirement to vote for three candidates. Basically, if I know one candidate and want to vote for him or her, I have to flip a coin twice more to have my vote count. Kind of like Missouri saying that I can't vote for president if I don't vote for a senator as well. Doesn't seem fair to the candidates I am choosing at random. I generally don't vote in MTFCA elections for that reason.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter B. Ratledge on Monday, October 05, 2015 - 09:00 pm:

Keith--- You got my vote. You will do the job well

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Townsend ; ^ ) Gresham, Orygun on Monday, October 05, 2015 - 11:36 pm:

Keith-
When my Vintage Ford arrives, I will cast my ballot for you.
It's past time to get another Keith back on the board.
I know you will represent us well.

: ^ )

The other Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Rodell, Sr.- Wisconsin on Tuesday, October 06, 2015 - 01:02 am:

My Sept/Oct Vintage Ford magazine with the ballot arrived Saturday. My ballot will be in the mail today. Keith Gumbinger got one of my votes.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Schedler, Sacramento on Tuesday, October 06, 2015 - 01:32 am:

Mine didn't arrive yet but I'll work at getting the members of the Sacramento club to vote for you.

Keith is truly a great guy and will be a terrific asset to our board.

I got to know Keith when we spent an evening of a tour tightening the rod bearings on his green truck.

Voting for Keith is the way to go!!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed Archer Hayward, CA. on Tuesday, October 06, 2015 - 05:22 pm:

Yea Keith! I already voted for you.

aka #4

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Tuesday, October 06, 2015 - 07:23 pm:

Got my vote Keith!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John McGinnis in San Jose area, CA. on Tuesday, October 06, 2015 - 07:47 pm:

Mike Vaughn,
Thanks, but that is what I thought. How about some specifics...accomplishments, activities, etc.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Vaughn - Lincoln, NE on Tuesday, October 06, 2015 - 09:14 pm:

John,

Here are a few of the specifics that our directors have been working on just this year:

We hired a new Editor for the Vintage Ford and a new Executive Director to replace Jay and Barbara by the end of the year. We have been working on setting up National Tours for the next two years and working on a plan to have chapters become more involved with hosting tours and meetings. We have also been working on ideas to attract younger people to the hobby and make our tours more youth/family friendly while holding tour costs down. We have been working at increasing membership and retaining membership, Directors have been making personal telephone calls to members that have not renewed and have had good success in getting renewals.

The above items are just a few of the things we have been working on aside from normal club business.

All of the Directors have been attending the meetings at no cost to the club. We have had 2 meetings this year and a 3rd will be held at the end of this month.

Good directors are needed and we have 6 great candidates nominated this year.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gilbert V. I. Fitzhugh on Tuesday, October 06, 2015 - 10:49 pm:

Why should I vote until I watch the debates? I need to know where the candidates stand on hot-button issues, like Kevlar? Water pumps? Disc brakes? Grades of oil? Tru-Fires? Are they for or against building a wall to stop the infiltration of Ts from Canada and Australia? Are they financed by the big vendors, or have they agreed to take only modest contributions from individuals? What's their stand on reproduction parts from China? Professional restorations are being outsourced to Mexico, where labor is cheap - should there be a tariff on Mexican restorations?

So far, all I've heard is platitudes. Where's the meat?

(By the way, when ARE the debates?)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Wednesday, October 07, 2015 - 07:42 am:

That's funny Gilbert. I'd like to know some of those things myself, but since we're talking politicians, you'd probably only get fence riding and answers the candidates think the constituency wants to hear. Can we vote for an independent or will that just split the vote and make it a shoe-in for the E-Timer crowd?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Wednesday, October 07, 2015 - 08:09 am:

I would like to know which potential Director is funding his own campaign and drinks tea.
What is their stand on removing the mag in late term restorations, putting a 12 volt battery in a T, and getting up in the "morning after" a long night in the garage?
Have any of them donated (purchased) a GM product in the last 3 years, or rented an Chrysler vehicle?
How do they plan on dealing with the eye-sight problem?
Do they believe in sharing information with the enemy about fixing "Old chebbies?
Do they support the move to supply free Depends to every one that can't document there T?

If I can't see debate, I will have to listen to a "Fair in Balanced" report.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Saturday, October 10, 2015 - 10:34 pm:

Thank you all for your support. Sorry, but there will not be any debate, just the facts as given in The Vintage Ford.

I met many MTFCA members at Hershey and discussed many far reaching topics concerning our club with them. If elected I will bring these topics up for discussion.

We're on our way home now & spending the4 night in central Ohio. Once again it was nice to be able to go to Hershey and see so many Model T'ers.

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Sunday, October 11, 2015 - 08:22 am:

"new Executive Director to replace Jay and Barbara "
Um,that is news I didn't know.So what will their roles be afterwards?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Monday, October 12, 2015 - 10:05 am:

bump

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John McGinnis in San Jose area, CA. on Monday, October 12, 2015 - 11:07 am:

Mike Vaughn,
Thank you for a serious answer. I appreciate that and think those activities are truly meaningful. I hope that the Board can share those initiatives with everyone...perhaps a page in the VF to let us all know. And we can give you our support.
As far as to all the comics on this thread...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Brancaccio - Calgary Alberta on Monday, October 12, 2015 - 11:53 am:

Having attended many board meetings since becoming involved with the website & the club I can vouch for the tireless work all the directors have done over the years to keep your club moving forward.

The annual meeting is open to anyone that would like to attend and I know sometimes travelling to them is not an option for many of the members but nevertheless YOU CAN attend to find out what is happening.

Many of the past & present board members are also Rosenthal award winners which speaks to their dedication to the club.

This organization is not unlike many others where there are only a few who work for the benefit of the majority. Many of the jobs are done without any of members aware of them, some do not need to be reported but there are probably many that should be.

Fordially
Chris Brancaccio
MTFCA Webmaster

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Monday, October 12, 2015 - 01:51 pm:

Chris,
Thanks for the reminder about the people who make MTFCA go.

Keith, my ballot is in the mail. I know you will be a great addition to an outstanding board, good luck,
Rob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Monday, October 12, 2015 - 02:30 pm:

To Rob and all the others who voted for me, thank you for your support.

Chris and Mike Vaughn, thank you both for providing information on the workings of the board.

Many of our club members are not aware that all MTFCA Board members are volunteers and pay all of their own travel expenses. Over a three year term, the travel expenses alone can add up to enough to buy another Model T. :-) or :-( depending on how you look at it.

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Wolf on Monday, October 12, 2015 - 04:58 pm:

It would be nice to get my issue with the ballot.
Haven't got mine yet.
RDW

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Monday, October 12, 2015 - 06:21 pm:

Mack,

It is a gross understatement to say that Barbara & Jay Klehfoth have been key in the success & growth of the Model T Community in the Richmond, IN area - the development & ongoing growth of the museum - the very high quality quarterly magazine .... and so much more.

They deserve a well earned rest .....

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Daron - Brownsburg IN on Monday, October 12, 2015 - 06:39 pm:

Wolf,you may have to call Barbara and see if you're still paid up? (grin)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Monday, October 12, 2015 - 10:08 pm:

Goodness,I had no idea it was volunteer.
That would get expensive quick for someone that didn't live close to the headquarters.

I am a volunteer on the board of directors at the local fire department but i can drive my golf cart down there so cost is nil to do my civic duty.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Daron - Brownsburg IN on Monday, October 12, 2015 - 11:10 pm:

The MTFCA directors,are a very dedicated group of people. I looked into trying once,but decided it was just a little to expensive for our budget .

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Wednesday, October 14, 2015 - 05:46 pm:

Whatever the cause i still have not recived my Vintage Ford,and in the past i have had to call to get it?? Bud in Wheeler,Mi.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By doug hauge upstate NY stittville 13469 on Thursday, October 15, 2015 - 10:05 pm:

your on my great T guy list and will be a great addition to the club!

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration