Is there a Model T club in the Melbourne Florida area?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Is there a Model T club in the Melbourne Florida area?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Copeland - Melbourne Florida on Monday, October 05, 2015 - 12:06 pm:

Is there a Model T club in the Melbourne Florida area?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Copeland - Melbourne Florida on Wednesday, October 07, 2015 - 06:57 am:

bump

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By mike_black SC/FL on Thursday, October 08, 2015 - 04:08 pm:

Will,
I'm surprised you haven't had some positive response to this post! I've talked to Val around Ft Pierce, and Hoss in Sebring, and hear there are more T folks around within 100 miles of you. I'm trying to wrap up my fall haying/farming obligations soon so I can head to Okeechobee. I was wanting to take a T down for the winter, but, I don't know if I'll be able to on this trip--maybe in Dec. Surely there are T's around Orlando. There are a lot around Tampa and a lot around north central FL. They are probably sitting in garages unbeknownst even to their neighbors! When I lived on Merritt Island from 81-85, I had one in the garage the whole time and very few people knew it. I'll bet they are there, we just don't know it!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Solak, Chicago, IL area on Thursday, October 08, 2015 - 04:32 pm:

Will,

Try
http://www.modelt.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=5&Itemid=15#F L

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Copeland - Melbourne Florida on Thursday, October 08, 2015 - 04:58 pm:

I only know of one other T in the area. Model T's do not seem to be very popular in this area. I went to a number of shows in the spring and I was the only Model T.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James Michael Rogers on Thursday, October 08, 2015 - 05:24 pm:

Get in touch with Steve Ellis at ellis-1@embarqmail.com . He can tell you about any T things going on in FL.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Val Soupios on Thursday, October 08, 2015 - 06:09 pm:

Will, I am in Jupiter but that is a fair run from Melbourne. The group I run with is even further south and they are not all that active. I drive my cars almost every day but there are not a lot of tours being run. Steve Ellis runs the Winter Tour and it is a lot of fun. The other thing that is a lot of fun is the Flywheelers in Ft Meade FL. They do a few shows a season and that attracts a fair number of model T's from both Florida coasts. Another show that is fun and not that far for you is the AACA run show in Vero called Under the Oaks. When you get your T down to Florida give me a call, I am in the phone book!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Hatch on Thursday, October 08, 2015 - 06:19 pm:

Will: Give it week, most everybody is at Hershey. Dan

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Boyd on Monday, October 12, 2015 - 10:47 am:

Will - If you want to drive across to the west Side, the Fun T's are an active group in the winter in the Dade City/Zephyr Hills area. The Pres is Marcelo Nobrega and contact info should be available from the nat'l organizations. I also recommend the Winter Tour put on by Steve Ellis. There should be close to 100 cars this year in Ocala, FL. Sounds like it is time to start a chapter on the east side.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Copeland - Melbourne Florida on Monday, October 12, 2015 - 03:40 pm:

Problem is it seems there are only two model T including mine in the area. It will be a small membership.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James Michael Rogers on Monday, October 12, 2015 - 04:05 pm:

It will surprise you how many are in the central FL area. We have a winter tour that attracts about 200 cars and about half are from FL. Get in touch with Steve Ellis.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Val Soupios on Monday, October 12, 2015 - 07:02 pm:

Will, I am about 1-1/2 hours south of you but if you picked a location mid way to meet I am sure there would be enough people to get together. There are a few people around my area and there have to be some T people in the Vero Beach area.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration