Crankcase fasteners

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Crankcase fasteners
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By arnie johansen on Monday, October 05, 2015 - 05:04 pm:

Did the late 1926 or 1927 engines have lock washers and castle nuts without the cotter pins? It would take less time to assemble the pan to the engine this way.

When using the crankcase flange reinforcements #3118 and #3119 does one use longer bolts than the surrounding ones were the reinforcement is not present? Also, I put all the bolts in one can and cannot remember were the ones with the holes in the head of the bolt go.

Does anyone have a listing of what bolts go where when attaching the crankcase to the engine in the improved model(1926/1927)?

Thanks,

Arnie

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Sims--Reed City,Mich. on Monday, October 05, 2015 - 05:52 pm:

bolts with holes in the head are used for the flywheel to crank,field coils to block, drive plate to trans drum and drive shaft to transmission retaining ring.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By arnie johansen on Monday, October 05, 2015 - 06:53 pm:

What about the bolts in the front cover that hold the felt seal around the crankshaft and go into the crankcase? What prevents them from coming loose? Lock washer under head or bolts with holes in them wired together, or just tighten and forget about it!

Arnie

P.S. This time I will try to post only once!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Tuesday, October 06, 2015 - 01:20 pm:

Arnie, I think lock washers are good enough to keep the timing cover screws in place. Ford didn't use screws with drilled heads there.

(Message edited by Roger K on October 06, 2015)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dale Peterson College Place, WA on Tuesday, October 06, 2015 - 02:30 pm:

My Canadian car had lock washers with castle nuts, no cotter pins on the crank case to block bolts.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Georgetown TX on Tuesday, October 06, 2015 - 02:30 pm:

Just tighten and forget.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration