OT Model A X Rods

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: OT Model A X Rods
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jeff V on Monday, October 05, 2015 - 08:32 pm:

I know the late Model T 'X' style connecting rods are somewhat valuable, but I've run across some Model A rods with the same "X" cross section. I havn't seen these before. Are these particulatly rare?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Monday, October 05, 2015 - 09:23 pm:

The A style X rods were used during part of 1928 and there are likely more of them than the model T style. Since they have less strength than standard style rods, I wouldn't pay anything extra for the X style?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kohnke Rebabbitting, Clare, Iowa on Monday, October 05, 2015 - 09:36 pm:

There is no difference in the strength of the X rod over the web rod, at all.

Both will work equally well.

Herm.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Monday, October 05, 2015 - 09:38 pm:

Yes, the A X rods are uncommon. I don't know if there's much of a market for them though.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration