IPhone Malware or Adware SPAM

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: IPhone Malware or Adware SPAM
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James A. Golden on Tuesday, October 06, 2015 - 06:45 am:

I got my first iPhone Malware or adware SPAM today!

It was YaHoo Mail for iPhone.

These people got it too:

mllaut <mllaut@gmail.com>; thehelmetpainter <thehelmetpainter@hotmail.com>; information <information@ssroom.com>; ronnie p mp44 <ronnie-p-mp44@snet.net>; ronnie p mp44 <ronnie_p_mp44@snet.net>; ronnie p mp44 <ronnie.p.mp44@s-net.net>; ronnie p mp44 <ronnie.p.mp44@snet.com>; jholmbl <jholmbl@twcny.rr.com>; keilholz <keilholz@isoc.net>; animas7 <animas7@aol.com>; speedwing <speedwing@charter.net>; egrigsby44 <egrigsby44@aol.com>; modelt09 <modelt09@maine.rr.com>; dufo <dufo@tds.net>; sweetchip <sweetchip@comcast.net>; JackDaron <jackdaron@aol.com>; j1mgolden <j1mgolden@comcast.net>; buggymuseum <buggymuseum@jlink.net>; inf <inf@bayonetinc.com>; jpw756

It may have came from Craig Sutton, but the odds are he is only on the address list with all these others.

The newer programs spoof the senders name to hide the real source.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Dufault on Tuesday, October 06, 2015 - 08:12 am:

You're correct, Jim.

I did receive it from Craig.

dufo at t s. etc.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Daron - Brownsburg IN on Tuesday, October 06, 2015 - 02:23 pm:

I deleted mine.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James A. Golden on Tuesday, October 06, 2015 - 02:40 pm:

Jack, I also deleted mine.

You are probably OK if you don't click on the link.

You may also load a small program that starts sending the same notice to everyone on your mailing list.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration