Windshield weatherstripping for improved open cars

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Windshield weatherstripping for improved open cars
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William M Brown on Tuesday, October 06, 2015 - 08:45 am:

I'm trying to insert the rubber weatherstripping into the windshield frame of my '26 roadster. And also into the stanchions. Is there a trick to this? I'm afraid of marring the paint.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chuck Martel in Temperance MI on Tuesday, October 06, 2015 - 12:30 pm:

Try hand soap as a lubricant.
We do it all the time on modern cars where rubber components are slid on metal components (like glass runs or door surround moldings.)

We use soap because it is cheap, doesn't stain or degrade the rubber and washes right off with water. It also does not dry your hands up, if you are in it all day.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Brown on Tuesday, October 06, 2015 - 01:27 pm:

Thanks. I'll give it a try.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration