Ruckstell Ring and Pinion Set

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Ruckstell Ring and Pinion Set
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James A. Golden on Tuesday, October 06, 2015 - 02:43 pm:

How many different ring and pinion combinations are available for the Ruckstell rear axle?

The 40 to 11 set does not seem to fit together properly.

This Ruckstell was bought in parts and may have never had been a complete unit.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Cascisa - Poulsbo, Washington on Tuesday, October 06, 2015 - 02:56 pm:

Is the 40 tooth ring gear "Stepped". I am not sure that a standard ring gear will fit.

Be_Zero_Be

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenny Edmondson, Indianapolis on Tuesday, October 06, 2015 - 03:30 pm:

Normal T 40 and 11 gear sets (3.63-1) fit. The stepped ones were for the higher ratios.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James A. Golden on Tuesday, October 06, 2015 - 05:28 pm:

Bob, please explain stepped.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William bender on Tuesday, October 06, 2015 - 05:41 pm:

Hi James on the back of a 40 t ring gear with a 11 pinion gear usually is completely flat on a 40 t there can be a step on the back this was for the larger 13 Pinion gear

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Tuesday, October 06, 2015 - 08:11 pm:

This is a stepped ring gear.

rg

This one is marked Planator Special. Planator transmissions have been discussed here before. I don't know whether this gear would work in a Ruckstell or not, but I'm just showing it as an example of a stepped gear.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Cascisa - Poulsbo, Washington on Tuesday, October 06, 2015 - 10:02 pm:

Mike,

Thanks for posting the picture. I was at work this morning and couldn't get to the shop.

Be_Zero_Be

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration