Model A carburetor

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Model A carburetor
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Tuesday, October 06, 2015 - 05:58 pm:

I need a good rebuilt Model A Ford carburetor; preferably a Zenith rather than a Tillotson. I know that "Potter's Piston Parlor" has an excellent reputation for excellent rebuilt Model T Ford carburetors. Does anyone know if Russ Potter also rebuilds Model A Ford Zenith carburetors?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harvey Cash - Winnemucca Nevada on Tuesday, October 06, 2015 - 06:43 pm:

Harold, I just purchased one from Tazman on Ebay. He has over 1000 positive feedback and the carburetor looks and works great. I started bidding at 199.00,bidding went higher but I stopped at 199.00. After the auction ended he sent me a second chance offer at 199.00 don't think you can go wrong. Harv

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry LaPatka- East Tennessee on Wednesday, October 07, 2015 - 07:06 am:

Harold,

I purchased a Zenith 2 from this fellow Tazman approx. a year ago for a 30 CC Pick-um-up Model A Truck and he sent me one that was correct for the year and build date for the vehicle. The truck has never run better, used less fuel and has better power and response thru the all ranges especially up these Tennessee hills. I don't believe you can go wrong with this guy and he does answer his phone if you need questions answered. Great product and individual.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry LaPatka- East Tennessee on Wednesday, October 07, 2015 - 07:12 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brian Mettling - Dayton OH on Wednesday, October 07, 2015 - 08:40 am:

I have a TAZMAN carb on my model a too, perfect running car now.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Robison on Wednesday, October 07, 2015 - 11:15 am:

Call Ford-N-More in Spokane $160 exchange or $210 outright. All have been run on a car after the rebuild and prior to being sold.
800-327-1469

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Wednesday, October 07, 2015 - 11:20 am:

Get a set for flow tested jets from Renners Corner and rebuild it your self. It really no harder then a T carb.
http://www.rennerscorner.com/carburetor.html
The only hard part would be installing new throttle bushings. If the holes for the throttle shaft are not too worn you can buy an over sized shafted throttle assembly.
You can find most all the information about rebuild them on line.
(Message edited by redmodelt on October 07, 2015)

(Message edited by redmodelt on October 07, 2015)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Wednesday, October 07, 2015 - 12:19 pm:

Egads, the last time I was looking for Model A carbs, they were under $25, and rebuilding them is usually just gaskets and knowing how to fix the jets. Hmm, I might have a gold mine in my storage area!! the repro jets work too, if you know how to doctor them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Wednesday, October 07, 2015 - 01:15 pm:

Thanks guys,......love this forum! Still like to know if Potter rebuilds Model A carbs, but lots of other good suggestions/recommendations here, and I appreciate it,......harold

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brian Mettling - Dayton OH on Wednesday, October 07, 2015 - 01:23 pm:

while we are on the subject....I knocked a mounting ear off of my brand new spare Model A carb. It's a clean break, but can anybody weld it up if I send it off?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Wednesday, October 07, 2015 - 05:58 pm:

Harold -- Why not contact Russ directly? I'll bet he knows the answer to your question. :-)

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/118802/179326.html?1293721069

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bob middleton on Thursday, October 08, 2015 - 12:54 am:

Dave I need few jets redoing 4 spares for my dad's A why 4 cause they were here already

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve McClelland on Friday, October 09, 2015 - 02:50 am:

Go to the source Tazman is the way to go... I just got one back I sent to him $175 to rebuild it... He will rebuild yours or you can buy his... He also stands behind his carbs as well as his work.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration