Tappet clearance

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Tappet clearance
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bob middleton on Tuesday, October 06, 2015 - 10:21 pm:

Just wondering what the going clearance between the tappet and the valve stem
I never had good results be valve timing by piston travel so I heard .010 to .015 just wondering what's a good number set them across the board?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bob middleton on Tuesday, October 06, 2015 - 10:59 pm:

Tried the search function changed it to 365 day not 3 days found .015 was suggested many times

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank van Ekeren (Australia) on Tuesday, October 06, 2015 - 11:15 pm:

Bob, I use this system to set, but set the inlets at .010" when double checking with the one up one down with the valves per cyl, the clearance is about .002" larger on the heal so I end up with inlet at .012" and .014" for the ex, that works fine for me.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Wednesday, October 07, 2015 - 07:36 am:

I was thinking .010 on intake and .012 on exhaust was the general consensus, but I could be wrong.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration