Got $129,500 I can borrow to buy a 1909 Touring #6976?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Got $129,500 I can borrow to buy a 1909 Touring #6976?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jason Kuczynski on Wednesday, October 07, 2015 - 06:16 am:

Not affiliated with the seller in any way, came across it this morning...

http://www.fordbarn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=175546

I'll pay it back. Eventually. ;)

Thanks!

Jason

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Georgetown TX on Wednesday, October 07, 2015 - 07:54 am:

Been for sale many years. Mr. Davis was at $175,000.00 about ten years ago. Someone will have to buy it from his estate sale I think.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Wednesday, October 07, 2015 - 08:14 am:

Is it real or is it a custom vehicle?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Wednesday, October 07, 2015 - 08:27 am:

I could be wrong, but I'd swear a coupla years ago this thing was on some site for $99K. Either way, rare or not, too much $$. There's a limit to everything.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kim Dobbins on Wednesday, October 07, 2015 - 09:18 am:

I've seen it a couple of times, it's real. Lots of $$$!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Charvet on Wednesday, October 07, 2015 - 09:22 am:

You can get #220 for less!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Georgetown TX on Wednesday, October 07, 2015 - 10:40 am:

The story I hear - someone correct me if I am in error please -

The car came out of Texas years ago with a different 1909 engine. Somehow the original engine and the body were separated. Someone married this S/N 6976 1909 engine - which is not a fake one by the way - with this original 1909 body.

It would be great if the original engine could be reunited with this car some day. The restored vehicle might be worth what the asking price is today.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kim Dobbins on Wednesday, October 07, 2015 - 10:51 am:

That's close to the story I heard Royce, the engine came from Herb Bloom in Texas. I first saw the body down at Ray Wells shop in San Diego, I think he told me it had just come in from Texas. I saw the whole car about 3 years ago at the sellers house in Reno. I don't know about the different block story.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Georgetown TX on Wednesday, October 07, 2015 - 11:26 am:

The fellow in Texas (Herb?) sold the engine to one guy and the rest of the car to another is what I heard. Not sure where the current engine came from but from the photos I have seen all through the years I don't see any evidence that it is not the real deal.

My valuation of the package would be less than half the current asking price.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Ida Fls on Wednesday, October 07, 2015 - 11:58 am:

What a Bonanza for we who just like looking.
Thanks
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jason Kuczynski on Wednesday, October 07, 2015 - 12:00 pm:

Thanks for all the background info on this car. Now if I can just hit the Mega Millions on Friday, I'll show you pictures once I pick it up. ;)

Jason

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration