You guys at Hershey Heads up

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: You guys at Hershey Heads up
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Hatch on Wednesday, October 07, 2015 - 10:52 am:

Any of you guys at Hershey, go by the Hagerty booth where they are building the truck. Check it out and get on U Tube. There is a 24/7 live feed at their booth. By the way, I will not be at Hershey this year. Dan

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Brown on Wednesday, October 07, 2015 - 11:14 am:

Do you have a link to the live feed?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Copeland - Melbourne Florida on Wednesday, October 07, 2015 - 11:36 am:

https://www.youtube.com/user/hagertyknowsclassics/live

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Wednesday, October 07, 2015 - 11:46 am:

:-) Three guys standing around - one working on the truck.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ned Protexter on Wednesday, October 07, 2015 - 12:33 pm:

Get two more guys standing around and you will have the makings of a union road crew.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James A Bartsch on Friday, October 09, 2015 - 09:42 am:

Sorry, Roger,jb

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James J. Lyons III - West Virginia on Friday, October 09, 2015 - 10:00 am:

Well, right now there's a guy sitting under the engine that is swinging from the chain on the hoist trying to install what appears to be an oil pump pick up. If the Chinese made bolt that his hold the chain secure to the engine snaps, he's going to catch that engine block with his jewels. Not trying to be a downer. What they are doing is really cool. But what they are doing right now is not safe at all.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Eckensviller - Thunder Bay, ON on Friday, October 09, 2015 - 08:02 pm:

These guys started with a project truck, right? Coukd you build up a drive able T speedster or something at Hershey from nothing but parts found there?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James A. Golden on Friday, October 09, 2015 - 09:03 pm:

That link did break while I was installing an engine in my 1926 T earlier this year. The half inch cable held fine. I was lifting up the front to work the pedals under the fire wall at the time. The metal pulley thunked me hard on my head, but only left a quarter sized red spot. The engine was wedged on end, so another lift loop was screwed into the spark plug hole and work continued. I would have needed a new nose, a few teeth and a new pair of glasses, if I had been looking directly at that pulley. Fortunately there was no damage and work soon continued.

The piece that screwed into the spark plug hole was black iron pipe, with a loop welded on it. The welds were fine, but the iron was weaker.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William L Vanderburg on Friday, October 09, 2015 - 09:31 pm:

Tim, yes they started with a project truck they found in a field. Hagerty required the brakes to function prior to it being brought to the show. The engine they acquired from a lead. Apparently a gent had a motor for sale but it was in VA. So they drove 5 hours round trip to pick it up. So technically, that part wasn't acquired at the swap meet .

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Schwab on Friday, October 09, 2015 - 10:45 pm:

From what I understand they are counting the engine as "found at Hershey" since the gentleman they purchased it from was actually at the swap meet and said "I've got one back at home". So they went and got it. I guess this started with a couple employees talking at lunch saying I bet you could build a whole vehicle from parts from Hershey and it lead to this. They figured a "T" or "A" would be doable pretty easy, so they decided to make it a little challenge with the '46 Ford.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Eubanks, Powell, TN on Saturday, October 10, 2015 - 08:43 am:

Well, that is a 49-53 engine, not correct for a 46 which would have had a 59AB 100HP or a 6.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration