Sept/Oct Vintage Ford 1917 Rip Van Winkle and the dog.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Sept/Oct Vintage Ford 1917 Rip Van Winkle and the dog.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Wednesday, October 07, 2015 - 05:25 pm:

Just got the Sept/Oct Vintage Ford and read the article about the 1917 Touring called Rip Van Winkle because its essentially a new T.

The main focus is of course the 17 T but another interesting side story is about the original owners dog and what was to be done with it after he died on page 19.

It seems that the owners nephew was going to have to 'shoot him' if no one claimed him far enough away so he wouldn't find his way back home.

Wonder what happened to the dog. These days that would be bigger news than finding an antique car in almost new condition.

A different time and a different way of thinking to be sure.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Wolf on Wednesday, October 07, 2015 - 06:00 pm:

Haven't got my VF yet.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Wednesday, October 07, 2015 - 07:32 pm:

John, I asked the same question to myself when I read about the poor dog. Being a fervent dog lover, I'd hate to see that become his demise.
The wife and I took our dog out for a ride in her (the dog's) model A tonight. She has it made!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Wednesday, October 07, 2015 - 07:33 pm:

Oh yeah, "hi back" at ya Rich!! Saw ur post the other day. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Wednesday, October 07, 2015 - 08:36 pm:

What caught my eye about the 17 Touring were the the minor defects and paint runs which occurred when it was assembled on the line.

Its good to see a T like it really was when new. I have always thought that we, myself included, restore our cars much better and try to perfect them better than Ford did.

But we weren't trying to build hundred's a day either!

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration