OT - Just Got some 1939 Nash rods done.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: OT - Just Got some 1939 Nash rods done.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kohnke Rebabbitting, Clare, Iowa on Thursday, October 08, 2015 - 04:33 pm:

These a are 1939 Nash rods with oil fed wrist pins, and side squirt holes. Straight 8

Herm.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ted Dumas on Thursday, October 08, 2015 - 05:58 pm:

Do you plan to x groove the Hercules or Nash rods?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kohnke Rebabbitting, Clare, Iowa on Thursday, October 08, 2015 - 06:07 pm:

No, they are all oil pressure fed.

Thanks, Ted.

Herm.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank van Ekeren (Australia) on Thursday, October 08, 2015 - 06:33 pm:

Interesting that you are not oil grooving them Herm, considering that the wrist pin and bore/cam oil holes are supplied by the bigend bearing.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kohnke Rebabbitting, Clare, Iowa on Thursday, October 08, 2015 - 07:32 pm:

The factory already had there design, as I duplicate it.

It is a narrow rod bearing and pressure, so any grooves would not be productive.

With the crank spinning, the pressure in the squirt hole, and the feed pipe to the wrist pin bushing would not be broken.

Herm.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank van Ekeren (Australia) on Thursday, October 08, 2015 - 08:47 pm:

If you are talking Factory design! then one of us is way of track.
The way I read it, the 8 cyl Nash was insert bearings.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank van Ekeren (Australia) on Saturday, October 10, 2015 - 05:31 pm:

Herm,
I found all the specs on the 8 cyl Nash, 1930/42 also that they produce 115HP at 3400RPM. Some time back when researching early plane engines, problems with poured bearings was in that rev range, 10% silver was added to tin babbitt, wider bearings and 4 bolts, with some success but eventually a re-think and bronze bushing then roller bearings solved problems of the flogged out babbitt. I,ve seen a International engine have babbitt poured to replace the shells many years ago as new bearings couldn't be found, it did work for several months.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration