Model A doorjam ID?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Model A doorjam ID?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Layden Butler on Thursday, October 08, 2015 - 05:39 pm:

Am thinking these are Model A door jam, can anyone give a positive ID and year? They are 28 1/4" long by 1 3/4" wide.
Thanks

a

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Thursday, October 08, 2015 - 08:11 pm:

Layden,

Accessing the brain cells from 45 years ago -- it reminds me of the ones on our 1928-29 Model A Tudor sedan. And from memory again, they went at the top of the door opening not the bottom.

But I have forgotten a lot of things between 1970 and today. So I may have where they go wrong. But I can still see those blue painted parts hanging on the wall waiting to be reinstalled.

Respectfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 cut off

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Thursday, October 08, 2015 - 08:20 pm:

Layden,

If you look at Snyder’s item

A-45890-A $24.50 / pr.
\'28-9 Coupes, 28-31 Tudors, 30-31 Truck 1928-31

At: http://www.snydersantiqueauto.com/header-strips

Or A-45890-B $24.50 / pr.
30-31 Coupes only 1930-31

They look the correct shape. You will need some dimensions from someone else to figure out if it is the correct one for a Model A and if the top one that fits most of them or the bottom one that goes with the 1930-31 coupe or none of those.

Respectfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 cut off

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Friday, October 09, 2015 - 04:27 am:

Yes, these go at the top of the door opening, the windlace "flap" goes under them to hold it in place and the square hole is where the rubber door bumper screws in. Originally painted upper body color.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Miller, Mostly in Dearborn on Saturday, October 10, 2015 - 08:55 pm:

We also have those on my son's '28 Sport Coupe. I'll try to measure them on my next visit.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Saturday, October 10, 2015 - 11:16 pm:

OK, OK, you made me go out to the garage and look at Ma Green (my30 sport coupe). Mine are between 26 to 27 inches long, so these are for a tudor or 30-31 pickup. I suspect your other pieces are too.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration