Introductions

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Introductions
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Colin Farquhar on Friday, October 09, 2015 - 09:33 am:

Hi There:
Just wanted to say hi-I've been avidly reading all the past posting to this message board, soaking up the knowledge contained here. I'm a (relatively) young guy (33), looking to possibly get into some modern technology. Most of my background is with steam engines, so this will be fun.

I'm primarily researching to try and get a vehicle to use as a runabout/support vehicle at our local threshing show (try to keep the 2002 Chev 1/2 ton off the field). I was initially looking at a Model AA, as I learned to drive on one-but Model T's seem to be a bit more financially achievable.

Either way, thanks in advance for all the info!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Friday, October 09, 2015 - 09:37 am:

Colin,

Welcome & thanks for posting !

There are a lot of folks who read but never post.

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Friday, October 09, 2015 - 09:42 am:

Welcome Colin. It you're interested in an AA you may also find a TT interesting. They'll do the work as long as you're not in a hurry. They're also comparatively affordable.

Good luck with whatever you do and keep us posted!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Colin Farquhar on Friday, October 09, 2015 - 02:26 pm:

Thanks for the warm welcome-at the moment I'm thinking that either a TT or a touring would look great beside our 1915 50HP Case traction engine ;)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Friday, October 09, 2015 - 04:50 pm:

A TT would be great at a threshing show, especially if you don't need to go fast, as Henry says. Whether you get a TT or a T, it can be accessorized with equipment to run a sheller, saw mill, or other old time farm equipment.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Whelihan Danbury, WI on Friday, October 09, 2015 - 05:56 pm:

Colin,

http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/csw/cto/5237063205.html

This Craigslist posting from Minneapolis for 1924 C-Cab Model TT truck might be interesting for you. Located in the north MSP suburbs, it might be a fairly easy trip for you to slide south and haul back. Don't know if it is still for sale but it might be worth an email to find out.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry Kramer on Friday, October 09, 2015 - 06:07 pm:

Colin, Any chance that you are related to the steam engine manufacturer with the same last name as you?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Colin Farquhar on Friday, October 09, 2015 - 10:43 pm:

Thanks for the craigslist link! Unfortunately a bit out of my (eventual) price range-with the US/Cdn $$ exchange these days anything from the US is a bit steep.

I am indirectly related to AB Farquhar-all the Farquhars come from a relatively small part of Scotland. I do have a set of smokebox doors from a Farquhar Ajax portable in my shop!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Friday, October 09, 2015 - 11:15 pm:

Nothing good can come from owning a TT.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Colin Farquhar on Sunday, October 11, 2015 - 04:44 pm:

Nice truck Burger! Right along the lines of what I'd be after-now you just need a steam engine in the background ;)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Sunday, October 11, 2015 - 05:11 pm:

Welcome Colin, T or TT, either will be a great choice for the engine/tractor shows. The Ts are by far the more affordable of the antique vehicles. We are very pleased to see younger people interested in the old stuff. If you need any help with questions about Model Ts, this is by far the best place to be... This is a very active (and sometimes opinionated :-)) bunch of guys..... But most everyone is willing to help. I also have a steam engine, hit miss engines, Model Ts, ect. So we both seem to share the same problem. :-) Submitted with respect.... Donnie Brown

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John C Codman on Sunday, October 11, 2015 - 05:31 pm:

Love the old "make and break" gas engines. Also love steam. Can't seem to find either at a price that I can afford. Enjoy driving an 88 year-old car. Welcome! I hope that you can find what you're looking for.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Monday, October 12, 2015 - 12:02 am:

Someday I hope to see Donnie's place--he might find it hard to get me to leave though!!! :-)
For some reason there does seem to be a link with all these hobbies! But, as John said, the T is more affordable of them, or maybe the most affordable of them! My Toy trains might be cheaper, but you can't drive them to the Ice Cream parlor(OK, there isn't one anymore in Oroville, maybe the Yogurt Shop?)! And it's hard to take a player piano anywhere too!
Years ago I did have small steamboat & a very small steam car (more like a buggy), but those days apparently are behind me now, unless my plan to win a lottery comes through (Trouble is, I'd have to buy a ticket and I'm to CHEAP! to do that.), so guess I'll enjoy the Ts I already have and the great company this forum provides.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration