Inner tubes

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Inner tubes
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Wolf on Saturday, October 10, 2015 - 12:46 pm:

I have some inner tubes made in EEC.
Where is EEC?
RDW

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Wolf on Saturday, October 10, 2015 - 12:47 pm:

Sorry about the double post

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Alan George Long on Tuesday, October 13, 2015 - 10:27 pm:

Hi Richard

I have asked the exact same question and have been told but unconfirmed its European Economic Comunity??

These weigh just over 1kg compared to other 30 x 3 1/2 at half that weight.

Alan

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Deichmann, Blistrup, Denmark on Wednesday, October 14, 2015 - 01:36 am:

EEC *IS* European Economic Community!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith on Wednesday, October 14, 2015 - 10:07 am:

Apparently, no USA company is making them? Dumb!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harper - Keene, NH on Wednesday, October 14, 2015 - 10:45 am:

To us, sure, it seems dumb. To American tire and tube manufacturers, who can't be bothered by such low production numbers (read as profits) it is a brilliant idea.

The European workers might be paid the equivalent of eight or nine US dollars per hour. Just guessing. Would American workers be willing to make those tubes for those wages? I am not so sure.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Wednesday, October 14, 2015 - 10:50 am:

Let's just be glad we can buy tubes at all for 100 year old cars.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Wednesday, October 14, 2015 - 10:53 am:

Would a motorcycle tube work in our tires?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John C Codman on Wednesday, October 14, 2015 - 11:04 am:

I agree with Jerry. And don't be so sure that the European workers are working for close to US minimum wages. With the typical European welfare state tax load, workers have to be paid reasonably.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Deichmann, Blistrup, Denmark on Wednesday, October 14, 2015 - 12:05 pm:

Actually they may be made in Denmark.
I bought 4 inner tubes a couple of years ago from MACS (as I recalls it). How do you think I felt when I read on the label "Made in Denmark"? Those tubes had made it from DK to US and back and import tax payed both ways!
Unfortunately I never figured out who actually made them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By P. Jamison- PA on Wednesday, October 14, 2015 - 01:03 pm:

I read Mike Walker's question with interest. I've seen "Extra Heavy Duty 3mm" motorcycle tubes on eBay, but these tubes all have metric sizing, so I can't tell what would fit a Model T tire. Anyone used them? What size would work?

Phil

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration