Metal Valve Stem Question

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Metal Valve Stem Question
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Saturday, October 10, 2015 - 11:41 pm:

I picked up a valve stem at a swap meet recently that is marked "TR 16 Dill VS 74". It measures 3" long x 3/8" diameter. Is this correct for a T? Thanks in advance. Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith on Sunday, October 11, 2015 - 02:27 am:

It will work. I use them in my T's. The Schraeder equivalent is an 888.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Sunday, October 11, 2015 - 05:40 am:

Thanks Larry. Does the Shraeder 888 have the same dimensions as the Dill? Are there other stems that will work? Will other dimensions work? Just trying to figure out what to look out for. Thanks again. Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith on Sunday, October 11, 2015 - 11:18 am:

If you read my post, it says it does! A TR-16 is the same regardless of who made it. Ford specified the 777's which is 1/4" longer, but I like the 888's because they work, and won't add extra weight to the wheel which you don't need. The bridge washer and associated parts are all the same.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Page on Sunday, October 11, 2015 - 04:18 pm:

The Model A Ford people have done a great job of properly documenting all features of the Model A Ford. In doing that they have sometimes also unearthed information regarding Model T Ford components. Here are a couple of images from research they have done. Thanks to Doc. Kalinka for the following images.

John Page, Australia

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Page on Sunday, October 11, 2015 - 04:21 pm:

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration