Horn help

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Horn help
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry Kramer on Sunday, October 11, 2015 - 09:02 am:

I bought a horn at Hershey that needs the bell worked on. Anyone know who straightens out dented horns?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Georgetown TX on Sunday, October 11, 2015 - 09:06 am:

Musical instrument companies do nice work on them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry Kramer on Monday, October 12, 2015 - 08:52 am:

Thanks Royce, I'll give one a try when we get back home.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John F. Regan on Monday, October 12, 2015 - 09:39 am:

I assume it is a brass horn?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry Kramer on Monday, October 12, 2015 - 08:02 pm:

John, yes it is brass and just the bell needs work. I was hoping to find someone other than an expensive musical instrument company to repair it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Monday, October 12, 2015 - 08:34 pm:

Jerry

You could try it yourself, but the experts do it all the time with the right mandrels, mallets, and talent.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MjN1RQ-tADY

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Tuesday, October 13, 2015 - 02:32 pm:

This is a long way from Indiana, but Life Member #1 Jack Chidgey does it. His business is in El Cajon, Ca. Chidgey & Son.
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Tuesday, October 13, 2015 - 04:09 pm:

Jerry,

It's the type of thing that's expensive for a reason; not everyone can do it.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration