Speedometer Cables and Cable Ends Question

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Speedometer Cables and Cable Ends Question
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Daniel M. Chapasko on Sunday, October 11, 2015 - 05:16 pm:

I have a 1927 with a Stewart Speedometer. I have everything but the inside cable and ends. There were pieces of chain stuck inside my housing. I can't find a cable or chains to drive this speedometer. I guess the parts houses do not have any in stock.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Sunday, October 11, 2015 - 05:27 pm:

Daniel, If you have the larger Stewart 160 speedometer which was used from the late teens up until the Stewart 490 was introduced in 26 or 27, it would use a chain, but the Stewart 490 has such a small cable opening, I think it used a cable similar to an AC speedometer which used a cable instead of a chain. I have a complete Model 160 setup, so I know what's involved with it, but I only have a Model 490 head so it haven't researched what is needed for it. I know the gears etc for wire wheels are available if vendors have them in stock.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Russ Furstnow on Sunday, October 11, 2015 - 05:55 pm:

Daniel, I have chain links and NOS ends. Russ Furstnow

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration