12-31-12 Low Head Hershey Find

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: 12-31-12 Low Head Hershey Find
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By joe bell on Sunday, October 11, 2015 - 05:57 pm:

This is the first time I ever saw a casting date going lengthwise on a head. Made me wonder what they were thinking when they were casting this since it would have been new years eve.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Daron - Brownsburg IN on Sunday, October 11, 2015 - 06:10 pm:

I thought 1912 heads didn't have the Made in USA? Must have been a change over about then.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Gould, Folsom, CA on Sunday, October 11, 2015 - 07:55 pm:

Jack I think the no made in usa heads were used in early and possible mid 12. The general wisdom is like you say, all 12 heads hand no usa language, but I think recent research has limited them to about half year's use. I welcome any comments either way.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By joe bell on Sunday, October 11, 2015 - 08:04 pm:

Richard, the interesting part was the FORD script is still smaller as the 12 and earlier heads, The 13 heads I have seen have always had the bigger FORD? any one know when that changed?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Gould, Folsom, CA on Sunday, October 11, 2015 - 10:00 pm:

Hi Joe, how's it going? I do recall seeing the narrower script Ford logo along with the Made in USA language. Usually you just saw the narrow Ford logo without the Made in USA. I always figured those heads were later 12 or 13. The latest low heads had wide Ford script that's for sure.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Monday, October 12, 2015 - 09:43 am:

Joe

Lighten up your photo.

Looked at the pictures in Gail Rodda's book and seems yours has the sq. boss near the neck, as an early '13 head would have.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By joe bell on Monday, October 12, 2015 - 03:25 pm:

Dan, you are a little smarter than I am on the computer, had to have my wife post the picture!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Georgetown TX on Monday, October 12, 2015 - 04:59 pm:

All the heads used in the 1912 model year had no "Made in USA". The head shown is unusual, never seen one like that.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Greg sarky K on Monday, October 12, 2015 - 05:37 pm:

I think there was a late 1912 head with Made In USA under the script. Info is from Gail Rhodda's part identification book

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Georgetown TX on Monday, October 12, 2015 - 06:01 pm:

Greg,

Yup, those were used in 1913 model year - the calendar would be after August 1912.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By joe bell on Monday, October 12, 2015 - 07:12 pm:

Royce, Constantine wanted it for your old car to make it complete.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Georgetown TX on Tuesday, October 13, 2015 - 07:53 am:

Joe,

That head would be way early for the '13 that Constantine has - it is S/N 289343, shipped from Highland Park in June 1913.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman Bolz on Tuesday, October 13, 2015 - 08:16 am:

I wish I had touched it when I saw it at Hershey.
Or had my picture taken with Constantine and the
head. Lost opportunity. Maybe next year.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration