Final minutes of #220 auction

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Final minutes of #220 auction
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By steven miller on Sunday, October 11, 2015 - 07:37 pm:

Is it going to meet the reserve?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By steven miller on Sunday, October 11, 2015 - 07:45 pm:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-Model-T-Touring-LEGENDARY-220-/161845065060

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan B on Sunday, October 11, 2015 - 07:57 pm:

The suspense is terrible...I hope it will last...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James J. Lyons III - West Virginia on Sunday, October 11, 2015 - 08:05 pm:

Wonder if Jay Leno is in on this?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Justin H. - Western PA on Sunday, October 11, 2015 - 08:20 pm:

One less thing to sell at the garage sale.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Brown on Sunday, October 11, 2015 - 08:21 pm:

It just sold for 95k

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Walt Berdan, Bellevue, WA on Sunday, October 11, 2015 - 08:22 pm:

And the new owner is ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Sunday, October 11, 2015 - 08:25 pm:

Reserve met in the last few minutes. I hope someone is jumping for joy at their purchase!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells, Hamilton Ontario on Sunday, October 11, 2015 - 08:35 pm:

I kept refreshing it and it stayed at $89,600 until the very last second. Someone who really wanted it sniped it with perhaps a six figure bid and it went straight to the $95,000 reserve.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kim Dobbins on Sunday, October 11, 2015 - 08:36 pm:

I'm surprised, I thought 105,000-115.000, I think the new owner is in the states, but I'll leave that to him.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Bishop, San Diego on Sunday, October 11, 2015 - 08:44 pm:

Dave,
As the clock started counting down (last 10 or 15 minutes?) it refreshed on it's own for me.
I was sure the reserve was $90,000 and wanted to put in a bid for $89,700 just to say I bid on it. But if it had been the last bid AND satisfied the reserve, I don't know who I would have been in bigger trouble with. . . the seller or my wife!
(in fact, she sat right next to me just to make sure I didn't do something foolish!
Hope we find out who bought it. I'd love to see it in person.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Georgetown TX on Sunday, October 11, 2015 - 08:45 pm:

Wow someone got a great deal.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan B on Sunday, October 11, 2015 - 08:54 pm:

The eBay app refreshes every second. It was at 95k for the last 5 seconds at least, maybe more. So it wasn't a last second snipe.

Does anyone know of a T that has sold publicly for more?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells, Hamilton Ontario on Sunday, October 11, 2015 - 08:58 pm:

Bob, it would be fun to put in a token bid but, way too risky near the end of the auction. The reserve was indeed $95,000. The buyer could have bid a million but, as the only person bidding at the end, it goes straight to the reserve price and no higher. That's the way I bid on T bay and I never lose.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Georgetown TX on Sunday, October 11, 2015 - 09:05 pm:

A two lever T sold at Barrett Jackson this year for $131000.00

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By roy palmer on Sunday, October 11, 2015 - 09:12 pm:

Probably add 20 percent for the buyers premium
So final cost could b 114000.00

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Gould, Folsom, CA on Sunday, October 11, 2015 - 09:18 pm:

????

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Sunday, October 11, 2015 - 09:38 pm:

Its actually kinda of depressing compared to how much muscle cars are fetching at auction these days.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Georgetown TX on Sunday, October 11, 2015 - 10:17 pm:

eBay does not charge any premiums. The seller paid $60 to sell the car.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Hylen- Central Minnesota on Monday, October 12, 2015 - 02:30 am:

Well, Rob, will we be seeing this on the NLNB tour next year?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Charvet on Monday, October 12, 2015 - 01:26 pm:

Thanks for all of the interest in #220. The car is going to what I consider to be the best possible home. For the moment, the buyer would like to remain anonymous, but you will be hearing about it, in time.
We look forward to seeing you at the Lau Garage Sale in Portland on October 24-25.

Thanks again -
David Charvet
For the Lau Family
www.LauGarageSale.com

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Monday, October 12, 2015 - 02:26 pm:

Well, if there was a pool, I would have lost; my $250 guess was way off! Oh well, at least I can say I bid on it (at around $3K)--which was the only reason I bid, as I knew it would go for WAY more than that. Ebay kept sending me notes "you are outbid!" Uh, yeah, now back to reality!
David, glad it found a good home, you are having to deal with a really emotional and complex job right now, best wishes to you and the family.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Horlick in Penn Valley, CA on Monday, October 12, 2015 - 02:36 pm:

Dang, if I knew it was going to sell so low I would have bid on it!

It would look good parked out in my yard next to Rusty.

TH

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration