Old Photo - French Steam Dye Works Van

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Old Photo - French Steam Dye Works Van
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Monday, October 12, 2015 - 11:22 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Tuesday, October 13, 2015 - 11:54 am:

The lettering on that truck reminds me of some of the labels on my Edison Diamond disk records. Faded gray lettering on a black back ground. :-) Kinda hard to read.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Semprez-Templeton, CA on Tuesday, October 13, 2015 - 02:43 pm:

I wonder if French steam was better than the more common American steam? I wonder how hard it was to import French steam? My Grandfather was from France and installed large Corliss engines across the US in the late 19th century. I wonder if he brought French steam with him for those? I guess we'll never know.

Thank you Jay for stimulating my pathetic tongue in cheek reaction.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Ida Fls on Tuesday, October 13, 2015 - 03:41 pm:

John, I googled French Steam Dye. The first offering told me "Dupont French Silk Dyes are very popular throughout the world." The second was a reference to this thread. Seems we are becoming experts on many topics.

Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert G. Hester Jr., Riverview, FL on Tuesday, October 13, 2015 - 05:32 pm:

If you want French steam today you have to feed your boiler with Perrier. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Tuesday, October 13, 2015 - 07:33 pm:

Jay,

Thank you for posting the photo. Nice picture of a van body mounted on the improved car chassis. I have not seen many bodies on the improved car chassis. I remember many more photos from the 1925 and earlier car chassis.

Respectfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 cut off

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells, Hamilton Ontario on Tuesday, October 13, 2015 - 10:46 pm:

Hap, I was thinking the same thing. And the more solid look of the improved chassis really suits being a truck.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration