"The Need for Speed" - A Lesson

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: "The Need for Speed" - A Lesson
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marv Konrad (Green Bay's a suburb!) on Monday, October 12, 2015 - 12:11 pm:

This is British, but the news report is universal. Share with your grandkids.... Suggest watching the video.

http://news.yahoo.com/horrific-video-showing-pair-speeding-to-their-122046143.ht ml

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Buckley on Monday, October 12, 2015 - 05:40 pm:

My thoughts go out to the families of these two young men, and the wise decision, their parents made to let this go public. That must have been so hard to do. Hopefully,they will in time, have the burden of a all too sudden and untimely passing, of their young children, ease up. They will never forget, but hopefully, time will help their sadness, heartache, and disbelief. This message should be shared, with Everyone, who gets behind the wheel, and has control, of machine, the has proven too many times, can change lives, of so many, in mere seconds. Parents aren't suppose, to bury their children. May they Rest in Peace, and may the parents and family and friends, find comfort and peace, that everyone that sees and reads this horrific story, can only imagine, what you are going through, but you are not alone.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Monday, October 12, 2015 - 07:54 pm:

So sad. I've been known to say "speed kills". Even in a Model T. Which is ironic of course, because when I was a teen driver, if my speedometer didn't read at least 80 mph I though I was going too slow. Fortunately I lived through it and outgrew it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Monday, October 12, 2015 - 10:32 pm:

Stupid is, as stupid does.

Poetic end for two people making bad choices. Fortunately they took no innocents with them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John C Codman on Tuesday, October 13, 2015 - 10:20 am:

Actually the young man who repeatedly asked the driver to slow down was an innocent victim. I do agree that the driver made a stupid choice.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Georgetown TX on Tuesday, October 13, 2015 - 10:48 am:

Not so innocent - he let an unlicensed driver who was intoxicated drive his car.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Tuesday, October 13, 2015 - 12:26 pm:

I was having a hard time understanding the accents, but wasn't the cameraman saying something to the effect of "OK, keep going" on several occasions prior to telling him to slow down? I got the distinct impression he was proud of the fact they were going so fast, or else he wouldn't have taken the shot of the speedometer. As a matter of fact, if he weren't party to the incident, he wouldn't have been filming it at all. Sorry, I don't see him as being innocent.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Tuesday, October 13, 2015 - 12:34 pm:

There is hardly a day that goes by where I don't thank the Gunny for putting a boot
up my ass and giving me clear and concise lines in which to see life. He called it
"being squared away". Neither one of these morons was squared away, just based on
the friends they kept, to the things they considered "fun". Never mind their total disregard
for their families, the pain they might cause others, or the innocents whose lives and
well being were placed in peril by crossing paths with such yahoos. It pleases me to
no end to hear about twits such as this hitting the Darwin button on their own lives
without taking others with them. The world has finite resources. No sense in wasting
any of them on idiots.

"Duty above all else except Honor"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Tuesday, October 13, 2015 - 12:50 pm:

I find no pleasure in their demise, but I am glad they didn't take anyone with them.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration