OT : Caltex filling station in southern Sweden

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: OT : Caltex filling station in southern Sweden
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rolf Oehman on Monday, October 12, 2015 - 01:45 pm:

Hi
Got inspired by Michael Saggeses post about Sunset station in San Francisco. Really nice to see some of them still exist (at least the buildings).
We have some in Sweden to, but most of them donīt sell gas anymore.
I have an example in my profile photo. A swedish brand that no longer exist.
But I would like to share with you an example that is pretty unique. Its a fillingstation in a small village near Helsingborg in southern Sweden. Its a Texaco station built in 1936 with the original construction plans from Texaco company US. Information that Iīve been reading on the internet claims itīs the only one of this type outside the United States .But maybe you have one near you. :-)
Anyway its a well kept station that is protected by cultural heritage laws, so nobody can mess with it.
The interior is pretty much intact also. The grease pits, furniture, checkered linoleum floor etc. To day its a repair shop and museum for motorbikes and scooters. Due to copyrights I canīt post the pictures but ..
Here is a link: https://www.google.no/search?q=morarp+caltex&client=safari&rls=en&biw=1356&bih=1 199&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAmoVChMIw5zy3aq9yAIVyAUsCh2mvwyG
And if someone are really interested : This is an survey from the authorities. Lot of photos but only swedish text.
http://malmo.se/download/18.7de6400c149d2490efb5f2fb/1417172417704/Rapport_2013_ 015_low.pdf

Rolf

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration