Rebuilding Wheels (Update)

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Rebuilding Wheels (Update)
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Carstensen-Trosky Mn. on Monday, October 12, 2015 - 04:40 pm:

Wheels
Could not find my last post, so I'll start another.With the shimmy in the wheel, I pushed them apart. Still a slight shimmy. So I made a cradle to hold my router with an end bit. I made a mark around the hub, then removed it. Set the router on the fellows. Set the depth to the lowest spot, and cleaned out everything in the circle. Replaced the hub, man what a difference. Nice and smooth. Did 3 more just like it. Painting was a different story. I gave Sturdevants 3 tries to mix paint like the body color. Went to ABS, great paint. by now my tape had been on to long. Could not clean it up nicely. So tape again and repaint the black. So far I,ve had alot of compliments. Hope the pictures turn out ok. Dan

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jeff Hood -Long Beach, California on Tuesday, October 13, 2015 - 03:12 pm:

Dan, I just removed a wheel from my touring on Sunday with the idea of using my router to do the very same thing you did. I haven't made the jig yet, but I like yours so I think I will try it. My hub is straight and my fellow seems to be straight since either side touches all the way around when laid on a flat surface. The wobble appears to be all in the spokes.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Carstensen-Trosky Mn. on Tuesday, October 13, 2015 - 07:12 pm:

Just make sure you scribe a line around the hub before removing it.
Dan

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration